• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you're the beacon // warrick
    like the sun swallowed up by the earth
    Uncharacteristically, Wound steps forward to meet him, embracing the large stallion within the curve of her slender neck. He is surprised by the gesture but not at all does it show, and she is greeted with a warm and comforting smile when she withdraws from him.  He is comforted by her presence - she is light and refreshing, and the fact that her uncertainty seems to have begun to melt away from her, the stallion is nearly breathless as he smiles at her. Warrick will not allow her to step too far away from him, and closes the gap with only a few light steps forward, ears pricking towards her as she answers his questions.

He is fierce in his loyalty to Tephra and to its people, and the newcomers that find their way here are searching for a place to fit in, to feel at peace, and he fully intends to bring that to them. He can see it now, the beginnings of it unraveling on the gentleness of Wound’s face, and with delight, he reaches forward to gently brush his cobalt lips across her cheek, lost in the exhilaration of her confession. Tephra is becoming her home, and a wave of relief washes over him - she won’t be leaving.

Warrick brings his muzzle to his chest, smiling. “Longclaw and Femur are good people,” he tells her genuinely - his commander and his mate are truly two very extraordinary characters, one that he is glad to have represent his country. They are both strong and reactive, never sitting in one place for too long or becoming lost within the smoke and salt.

His face becomes serious for a moment, a softness that still remains stern somehow overcoming him. “Wound, I hope that Tephra will be a good part in your story.” He smiles gently, unable to keep himself from taking one more step forward to bring her chest to his again, only this time he was the one embracing her. “I hope I will be a good part in your story.” He says breathlessly in a gentle whisper, his wings fluttering lightly at his sides as he absentmindedly begins to groom the tendrils of her mane, intermittent with brushing the navy of his muzzle against her skin gently.
    Warrick

@[wound]
    i am the WORST and i am so sorry that i am being such a slow poster! i am totally okay with keeping this in the past until it's done, but if you're wanting to make a birthing post and all that, just let me know and we can skip this or do whatever you want! i don't want you waiting on me to give her the baby <3

Messages In This Thread
    you're the beacon // warrick - by wound - 12-17-2017, 12:40 AM
    RE: you're the beacon // warrick - by Warrick - 12-18-2017, 05:49 PM
    RE: you're the beacon // warrick - by wound - 12-22-2017, 08:54 PM
    RE: you're the beacon // warrick - by Warrick - 12-24-2017, 11:22 AM
    RE: you're the beacon // warrick - by wound - 12-31-2017, 01:21 AM
    RE: you're the beacon // warrick - by Warrick - 01-05-2018, 07:18 PM