• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Come back to me, my wild darling - Svedka

S O L A C E

Mid-summer nights are for romance - passionate romps in moon-lit meadows, stolen kisses, secret smiles.

Or so she had been told.
    Mid-summer nights were very different for Solace.
    She had tried her best to resist each fluttering if her heart in her chest, and she had been mostly successful. But she couldn't help but feel that she was missing the connection. She was afraid that if she steeled herself for too long, she would never have what came so easily to Svedka, to her mother.

She could have found a young stallion or mare to warm her (or so she tells herself), to teach her what came so naturally to others. But when the sun began to sink below the western mountains of her home, she would steak away to find a peaceful resting place - or she would find Svedka.

The young Queen had spent too many nights alone recently, and the dull ache of a restless longing began to tumble in her breast when the sunset. It was never there during the day, when she was too busy to muse about such things, but at night it ate her alive. 
    But not tonight. Tonight she would rather talk than think and rather sleep than worry. 

His willow tree comes into sight and she pauses to listen, the gold and cream mare knew she was not his only midnight companion. Despite her rank, Solace feels like a child again - transported to the countless times she had stood listening at the entrance of her parent's cave to make sure she won't cause embarrassment by entering. She didn't know exactly how close Svedka and Corvus were, she didn't pry, but she knew they savored their nights together by the frequency alone. She had turned away before when she heard their hushed voices below the leaves, she had never lingered to listen. 

Never would she infringe on anything which made her twin happy - which made him more likely to stay. 

But tonight, all is still.

"Svedka?" the soft melody of her hushed voice calls to her twin from outside his shelter, and her muzzle reaches out to gently pull aside the draping canopy.

caretaker of hyaline

the edit was just for html and typos Smile
    Solghostdoll2

Messages In This Thread
    Come back to me, my wild darling - Svedka - by Solace - 12-10-2017, 03:54 PM