• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [mature]  one day, that bird, he spoke to me; chapter four
    When she steps towards Thomas, even before the words fully leave her mouth, the island melts away around her. Blue sky melts into green tree tops, green foliage melts into sepia trunks, sepia trunks melt into the dark ground. Her black friends melt last, dissolving into the earth as everything becomes unending dark nothingness spotted with stars. No ground under her hooves, no breeze around her body. The noises cease as well except there is....something. She shifts, uneasy, unable to put what she is seeing into words except that it’s not her best friend. Slowly as she stares at it, it resolves into a beast like shape, hulking like a bear except she can see the glint of scales, the narrowed glow of red eyes. Sloene hasn’t decided whether to scream or flee when it smiles, its mouth filled with too many sharp white teeth to count.

She blinks, wondering if this is Thomas? If Thomas is this? The island has instantly reformed around her, but the others are gone. The bird wails behind her and Thomas is standing before her, something familiar in his eyes, mouth half open to speak but the macaw wails again, screams really, and they both turn to watch it become a beautiful white stallion. She stares at him, his golden glow Jarring where it should be soothing, his halo at odds with useless, broken wings. He is beautiful and she thinks she should love him, turns to Thomas to plead for his mercy for this creature. Surely they can bring this broken angel with the sad eyes into their little family, take him home with them.

Sloene meets his eyes, and he looks desperate. She smiles at him, and then Thomas is gone.

Just gone. No warning, just vanished into thin air.

And now it is Sloene who screams, fury in every note, and she turns on the angel. It is when he appears that Thomas is gone, and so clearly it is his fault. She is no longer an equine; no longer black with silver eyes, nor her own natural grulla; she is the terrible thing from the abyss. She towers over him, digging claws on the end of her huge ursine paws into the ground and leaving terrible long furrows. Her scales creak when she stands on back legs and roars, her eyes a terrible red. The angel cowers before her, but Sloene has no mercy for him. It is because of him, because of whatever he has done, that Thomas is lost to her, and she cannot forgive him.

She had loved Thomas with all of being, and so with that destroyed she is someone else entirely.

He cowers and begs for her to wait, to listen, just <I>wait a minute</I>, but she is beyond reasoning. One swipe of her massive paw and he is gone, white streaked with red but lifeless, smashed up against a towering tree and still. Sloene is still angry, an avenging dark angel herself, and so she takes to the path, slaughtering any of the creatures she encounters along the way. Monster, family, innocent bird; they flee before her but she is unstoppable, wreaking destruction everywhere until it is just her and little Blue, cornered between Sloene-the-demon-bear and the waves.

<I>”Please,”</I> Blue says, a voice Sloene loved, and it is enough that she hesitates. Frozen in indecision, in between Sloene and Sloene the demon bear.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: one day, that bird, he spoke to me; chapter four - by Sloene - 12-07-2017, 09:06 PM