• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Like a flower waiting to bloom - Jah-Lilah
    Jah-Lilah
    someday, we will foresee obstacles
    They tell me I'm too young to understand, they say I'm caught up in a dream.

The girl is clearly frightened and distraught, she's gone through so many rulers in such a short amount of time that Jah-Lilah can't blame her. Confusion clouds her gaze, and it is obvious to my firefly that this child will be no threat to her or her unborn. Softening noticeably, Jah relaxes her posture and body language. With an encouraging cluck like a mother to a baby, she reaches out to sniff the girl. She takes in the gentle smell of hibiscus and the salt water of the sea, and commits it to memory. Kylin smells like the island herself, clearly as much a part of Ischia as the trees or the macaws.

A fumbled apology escapes the girl's lips, and Jah-Lilah stifles a chuckle. Grunting and arching her neck, my mare shakes herself. "There's no need to apologize. You've done nothing wrong. I am she, the red wytch." @[Kylin] shuffles about awkwardly, apparently speaking of the obvious load my mare is carrying. This time, there is no use hiding the sing-song laughter that escapes Jah's throat. "I love this, this load I bear. If I'm not sorry about it, neither should you be, Grows-in-Silence."

It seems the girl is in a rush to leave, and Jah-Lilah is not one to stand in the way of progress. As she watches her leave curiously, the purple mare halts, turning back around and making a face. That's when the hard question comes. At the mention of Wolf-of-the-Water, a pang shoots through Jah's heart. She hadn't seen her lover and friend in ages. Her vision had been of them giggling and sharing pregnancy stories, but it seems that was nothing more than a foolish dream. Swallowing hard, she forces a sad smile and proceeds with the conversation as if nothing is wrong. "Wolf-of-the-Water? Certainly. What is it you would like to know?"

Life will pass me by if I don't open up my eyes, and that's fine by me

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Like a flower waiting to bloom - Jah-Lilah - by Jah-Lilah - 12-14-2017, 01:52 PM