• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

undo the knots of the past // swxrds pony
    Takei
    The instinct that runs through a horse is deeply rooted. Takei has felt it many times in the past weeks since the island melted from under his feet. There are behaviors and habits hard-wired into the very marrow of his bones he had never recognized until recently — things like the instinct to run, to find shelter, to stick nearby well-traveled areas, to graze when he’s bored. They come from a long line of ancestors dating back to the beginning of time, even before Beqanna surfaced, and the knowledge of those ancestors have been passed down through the years.

Although Takei doesn’t see the other stallion startle as well, he hears the thud of his hooves slamming on the dirt and feels the crackle of nervous energy in the air. On any other day (perhaps a day on his island, with Orion at his side instead of this stranger) he might have thrown his neck back and laughed at the humor of the situation. There is nothing to fear aside from two fully grown men scaring each other.

There is an instant apology — whether because of his blindness or startling him, Takei isn’t quite sure — and the red and white stallion heaves out a relieved breath. He should have known that no bears or wolves or cougars would be in the midst of the Meadow, especially in the middle of the daytime. “It’s my bad, Scissorhands… I’m not used to blindness and it’s quite frightening when you’re not sure who’s lurking over your shoulder.”

There’s the flicker of a soft smile on his dry lips. “I’m Takei.”
    watch the mind run far away, way ahead of us

@[Scissorhands] Sorry it took so long for me to reply! :/

Messages In This Thread
    RE: undo the knots of the past // swxrds pony - by takei - 12-17-2017, 09:54 PM