• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'll use you as a warning sign - Isobell

I V A R
    i'll use you as a makeshift gauge of how much to give and how much to take
    She feels more than good against him – she feels best. The others are only distractions, warm bodies that will never truly feel the Isobell-shaped space in him. It is an odd and sudden realization, and it occurs instantaneously as he accepts the fact that she will never leave Nerine.

Isobell is bold and beautiful, but she is also strong-willed and independent. Ivar is much the same, but he is also unwilling to bend. Nerine is too cold and too grey; there is too much to lose.

Does he have duty to Loess, does he have responsibility?

“Of course I do,” he tells her truthfully.

“But it doesn’t matter. I’d give it up for you, if you’d do the same for me.” The brunt truth of his words is tempered by his gentle touch. Ivar tugs the knots from her salty mane, working until the fall of her mane is a dark curtain that shivers in the wind. Not quite right, he decides as he looks at her. Undeniably lovely, of course, but he prefers her wet from the sea.

He can recall her breathy moans, the way her storm grey eyes rolled closed in pleasure beneath the waves. The gentle kiss he presses to her shoulder is cooler than the one that follows, and he presses his scaled body against hers as though memorizing the perfection in the way they fit together. It won’t last, he knows, and when he turns back to meet Isobell’s grey gaze with his own amber, there is something bittersweet in his smile.

“You don’t belong on a shelf,” replies the black and white stallion. “and I don’t belong in Nerine.”

king of loess
    minimal smoky grullo tobiano | equus kelpus

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'll use you as a warning sign - Isobell - by Ivar - 12-06-2017, 09:43 PM