• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [mature]  i hear him calling, i hear him sing; chapter one - closed
    <center><div style="background-color: white; color: black; font-size: 9pt; line-height: 12pt; font-family: times; padding: 20px; width: 400px; text-align: justify;">It has been days since you last saw your friend.

Exhaustion sets in, hope is dying fast.

Your group starts to bicker, they fight—it gets even worse when, on the fourth day, you wake to find your number mysteriously reduced to eight. The others disappeared without a trace during the night while the rest of you slept. It isn’t long before terrible accusations begin to fly; some of them accuse you, some of them accuse the others. You even begin to have your own suspicions about someone in the group.

On the fifth night, you find a missing member of the group without a head—their body burned; several yards off, you and the others find their decapitated (unburnt) head sitting atop a large stone as if on display. It is missing its eyes. While this is unsettling enough on its own, it looks as if someone has forced a smile on their lips post-mortem.

It isn’t your <i>best friend</i> (the body was unrecognizable—the head had been easily, eerily, identifiable), but still a friend nonetheless and the gruesome loss hits home for everyone.

On the sixth day, you wake to find the rest of them staring hard at you—looking grim, looking stern, looking scared. They want to know how you knew where to find the body, where you came from before you ended up on the island; they grow more accusing, more frenzied, more crazed. They say hateful, hurtful things, spittle flying from their mouths and their eyes rolling around in the sockets.

Something is horribly, horribly wrong with them—they are not acting like themselves, they seem... rabid, almost. Ugly, somehow. Actually the longer you look at them the uglier they seem to get until they're monstrous versions of their former selves and it takes you a moment to realize you are not imagining it.

One of them attacks you while the others look on.

No one rushes to your aid, they aim to let you die.

Your only chance at survival is to flee.

You have three options now: <i>Run back towards The Beach, head to the Citrus Grove, or flee down into The Cave hidden at the base of a waterfall.</i></div></center>

<ul><li>Describe the three days you spent searching for your friend; describe the search, how your character is feeling/reacting to it all, how the others are handling it, make a point to point out the growing frustration that is blossoming within the group.</li>
    <li>Regardless of how many members of the group you created, reduce that number to eight on the <i>fourth day</i> (morning time); describe your character and the others waking up to notice the rest of their friends missing. By now, the others are nearing their boiling point and your character must suspect at least one member of the remaining group.</li>
    <li>Kill off one of the missing members (not your best friend) on the <i>fifth night</i>; your character is the first to find the body, describe that. Describe what happens leading up to the group finding the decapitated head. Describe their subsequent mourning.</li>
    <li>They seem like they’ve gone mad on the <i>sixth day</i>; describe your character waking up to the others accusing him/her of being a murderer, use the mental break the rest of the group seem to be suffering from and their lynch mob mentality as muse fodder, take liberty with just how ugly they get (keep in mind they aren't actual monsters, just really hideous horses) and choose a member to attack your character.</li>
    <li>Describe your character’s escape to the location of choice.</li>
    <li>There is a minimum word limit of <b>500</b>.</li></ul>

You have a choice between <b>The Beach, The Grove, and The Cave</b>. Choose wisely.
    You have 24 hours from the time this hits the board.

Messages In This Thread
    i hear him calling, i hear him sing; chapter one - closed - by a demon - 11-19-2017, 01:11 AM