• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [mature]  there's a black bird perched outside my window; the prologue - closed
    <center><div style="background-color: white; color: black; font-size: 9pt; line-height: 12pt; font-family: times; padding: 20px; width: 400px; text-align: justify;">One night, you suddenly feel very compelled to visit the ocean.

It isn’t clear what brings you here, it’s just where you know you need to be and after many a days’ travel you wind up on a beach. You are alone when the clouds sneak in, when the sea starts seeming a little darker than before; lightning crackles, thunder roars, you start seeing faces of dead loved ones in the monstrous whitecaps. Some look angry, some look sad, others simply appear resigned to their fate—none of them, however, look happy to see you. If anything, their mouths are screaming silent warnings that you cannot hear and it pains them to know what is about to happen.

(<i>‘Run,’ ‘Get away,’ ‘Leave, hurry!’</i>)

But it’s too late.

Everything goes black.

The next time you wake up, it’s bright and cheery; the sky and sea are calm clear blues, the whine of seagulls drives off the silence and there is a thick smell of citrus in the air. You are far from home—wherever home was—though it’s not clear just how you got here. Perhaps the storm took you, maybe you fell victim to the waves and floated off to parts unknown; maybe you walked in on your own, eager to join your friends and relatives. It matters not now.

At least you are not alone.

There are others here, others that fell asleep and somehow woke up on this vast beautiful island; you make friends, you become something of a family—you learn to love them in more ways than one.

But love never lasts.

The very first friend (<i>very best friend</i>) you ever made on the island goes missing and now it’s up to you and the band of misfits you have befriended to find them.</div></center>

<ul><li>Describe your trip to visit the ocean; the thing about this quest is, new characters are thoroughly encouraged—feel free to make up your character's place of birth and have them start from there if you wish, everyone will still wind up back in Beqanna later.</li>
    <li>Describe the monstrous storm rolling in and seeing your dead loved one(s) in the waves; the storm is of supernatural origin, so make it as big and nasty as you want. If your character doesn't have (a) dead loved one(s), make some up. We're all about that backstory here. You may also use dead enemies.</li>
    <li>Describe waking up on the island; build your tropical island as you see fit, create friends for your character to interact with, their best friend is especially important; the group you create may consist of no less than 10 (not counting your own character). You may name them whatever you wish, but nothing vulgar.</li>
    <li>Finally, describe your character finding out that their <i>very best friend</i> has gone missing and how they and the others set out to find them.</ul>

1. This is a roleplay-based quest.

2. There will be three choices per round (excluding the prologue, you're only signing up right now).

3. Pay careful attention to each rounds’ instructions (prologue included) or risk being eliminated.

4. Two choices are correct, one choice results in elimination and a temporary defect that can last up to a maximum of 1-BQ year. Defects become milder the further you progress with elimination from the first round resulting in the longest-lasting and most severe.

5. Each round will have a minimum word limit of 500, longer replies are encouraged because I like reading your responses!

6. First place will receive a 4-space trait. Second place will receive a 3-space trait. Third place will receive a 2-space trait. Runners-up will receive either immortality, wings and/or (a) horn(s) of their choosing.

7. These traits will be genetic.

8. All traits from this quest will come with conditions that you must play out for x amount of time before the characters will be allowed to master them. Pay attention to what they are.

9. There is a limit of one character per player.

10. Only characters with a 1-space trait/no traits are allowed to participate. If you ever wanted to join a new character/drag an unplayed baby out of the closet, now is the time.

11. The answer to each round (excluding the prologue/sign up) will be sent to Kyra before the round is posted in order to ensure fairness.

12. You have 48 hours (board time) to join.

Messages In This Thread
    there's a black bird perched outside my window; the prologue - closed - by a demon - 11-14-2017, 10:17 PM