• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

If Tomorrow Never Comes[Any]
    Kolera's optimism warms her heart. "It's a shame." says Anastazja, lowering her head to lip at the fresh life shooting up from the earth briefly. She does not eat it, does not want to destroy the Taiga further. "Do you know what happened here?" She looks now, curiously, to Kolera.

"I used to live here with my family. My mum and dad and brothers and sisters. I don't know how much of Beqanna history you know. There was a big...event. It happened before I was born. The fairies got fed up of a couple of rulers squabbling and decided to destroy all of Beqanna. And all of the horses whose homes and security had just been ripped away were expected to go and beg for somewhere to live. Most of these horses hadn't done anything wrong.

Just like my mum and dad. Two of my big sisters almost died in it, too. But they were all expected to go and beg for safety and forgiveness. So they did. One of my sisters, who was no more than a child at the time, had the 'audacity' to question the fairies and what they had done. So the fairies decided to make it so that she could not enter the land given to my family. Made it so that every time she tried to use her powers, she would be in intense pain." She snorted here, frowning. "She was a child. They effectively removed her from the family. Stopped her being able to protect herself. Because she dared to be angry at the fact that they were all being unjustly punished - innocent adult, and innocent child alike."

She let that sink in for a moment. From what her father had told her, this hadn't even been the first incident. It had been her father's birthland first, the land that her grandparents had ruled, and her great-grandparents before them.

"The Taiga is the land our family were granted. It was very lovely once. And then... someone decided to try to take it over, and everybody who lived here didn't like that very much. So the fairies destroyed it. As punishment. For being invaded."

Anastazja looks at her friend. "You shouldn't have to fix this, because it never should've happened. None of it should've."

Messages In This Thread
    If Tomorrow Never Comes[Any] - by Kolera - 11-11-2017, 02:03 PM
    RE: If Tomorrow Never Comes[Any] - by Anastazja - 11-11-2017, 06:13 PM
    RE: If Tomorrow Never Comes[Any] - by Kolera - 11-12-2017, 08:43 PM
    RE: If Tomorrow Never Comes[Any] - by Anastazja - 11-13-2017, 06:03 AM
    RE: If Tomorrow Never Comes[Any] - by Kolera - 11-13-2017, 03:04 PM
    RE: If Tomorrow Never Comes[Any] - by Anastazja - 12-12-2017, 06:59 AM