• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

What a lovely way to burn - Terran

Terran

Kisses that had once been feverish are now playful and soft, but that fact alone could never suppress my (sometimes confusing) love for Jinju. Her father, Ruan, had once muttered something or the other under his breath about “sticking around and being a father” and ever since that day, there’d been this fierce attachment to my son and the fiery woman who’d created him. Young or old, ugly or beautiful, powerful or weak - Jinju was Jinju, the same mare I’d been struck by once and the same mare who had the capability to make me stay since then.

Her second childhood had only proven to produce a stronger sense of adoration in my mind and heart. Not even Ander’s bashful headshake could change that. “Taiga is like … a fairytale. But a dark one.” I chuckle softly, “Your brother is right, though, let’s check it out first - all of us together - and then go from there.”

A proud smile flickers over my lips; Ander was calculating and hadn’t forgotten about the newest member to our ragtag group. “I’m not sure. I hope so.” Is all I can muster, because it’s the truth and I can’t speak for my sister though we shared the same womb. “After we get settled in Taiga I’ll look around for her.” I tell Ander, the slight ruffle of my golden feathers given as an unspoken promise.

“For now we can just enjoy the idea of having a new home. Jinju,” I say, turning my attention back to where she walks alongside me, “Not only do I like Taiga, I love it. I know you will too.” Slips free, heavy with ripe promises.

Then I glance ahead to our new beginning, and my eyes never turn to look back.

All around these golden beacons, I see nothing but black

@[Ander] @[Jinju] ta-da! Big Grin You don't have to reply if this is good enough for you.

Messages In This Thread
    What a lovely way to burn - Terran - by Ander - 11-07-2017, 05:55 AM
    RE: What a lovely way to burn - Terran - by Ander - 11-17-2017, 05:36 PM
    RE: What a lovely way to burn - Terran - by Ander - 12-04-2017, 01:45 PM
    RE: What a lovely way to burn - Terran - by Ander - 12-06-2017, 02:06 PM
    RE: What a lovely way to burn - Terran - by Ander - 12-10-2017, 10:43 AM
    RE: What a lovely way to burn - Terran - by Jinju - 12-10-2017, 11:04 AM
    RE: What a lovely way to burn - Terran - by Ander - 12-12-2017, 01:56 PM
    RE: What a lovely way to burn - Terran - by Jinju - 12-12-2017, 02:24 PM
    RE: What a lovely way to burn - Terran - by Terran - 12-13-2017, 02:01 PM