• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

What a lovely way to burn - Terran

Terran

I had lost Ander.

Well, not technically. More so that I’d been swooping in wide arcs above him, careening out a bit more just to see other things, and then doubling back to see what he was up to.

Except, this time when I double back, he’s not there.

“Dammit Ander.” I curse softly, the light-hearted poke whipping away into nothingness as I plummet from my sky-perch down to glide over the tops of the Forest treeline. Scan as I might, I can’t locate him and so I resign to buffer myself to a halt with the forward flap of my broad wings and drop casually between an open space in the coverage to thump heartily onto the earth. Dust settles around my golden hooves and for a moment, I remain still and silent, both ears flicking in tandem to try and discern any rustle of noise.

Nothing. “Hmm.” I think with caution, easing ahead while I tuck my golden cape across black ribs. My eyes and nose have taken to graying out; age is making a masterful mark on my body and in the mornings I feel the creak of aging bones and stiff joints. Soon, I won’t be strong enough to ramble by foot anywhere and after that, my wings will give.

For now though, I’m just a stallion in his waning prime. “Ander?” I call out now, stopping once more as the energy in the air sets my fur on edge. The prick of someone staring can be felt, though the origin can’t be determined. I swing around suddenly, the crack of a grin on my lips while the word, “HAH!” Bursts through my lips - I’m sure I’ve caught him.

However, my only reply is the skitter of a springtime hare darting from the bush I’ve just assaulted with a bellow. Blinking in confusion, I draw my head up once more and feel the weight of silence crash over me. I was so positive he’d been right there...

All around these golden beacons, I see nothing but black

@[Ander]

Messages In This Thread
    What a lovely way to burn - Terran - by Ander - 11-07-2017, 05:55 AM
    RE: What a lovely way to burn - Terran - by Terran - 11-16-2017, 04:00 PM
    RE: What a lovely way to burn - Terran - by Ander - 11-17-2017, 05:36 PM
    RE: What a lovely way to burn - Terran - by Ander - 12-04-2017, 01:45 PM
    RE: What a lovely way to burn - Terran - by Ander - 12-06-2017, 02:06 PM
    RE: What a lovely way to burn - Terran - by Ander - 12-10-2017, 10:43 AM
    RE: What a lovely way to burn - Terran - by Jinju - 12-10-2017, 11:04 AM
    RE: What a lovely way to burn - Terran - by Ander - 12-12-2017, 01:56 PM
    RE: What a lovely way to burn - Terran - by Jinju - 12-12-2017, 02:24 PM