• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

crack my teeth on pearls; any
    I sit here clutching useless lists,
    keys for doors that don't exist
    I crack my teeth on pearls
    I tear into the history
    Show me what it means to me in this world
    Yeah, in this world

Ebony and ivory barrel breathes in a gasp of movement, inhaling a wayward breath, Lirel finally expands those weakening lungs. She breathed then, she breathed in his air, his world. Her emerald eyes solely fixated upon the winged one, his angelic wings, they captivated her, his dark eyes were chasms she foundered in. The mare clutched at straws, reaching out and pressing her muzzle against his knee. He was warm. Real and warm. Blood flowed within him, life surged beneath his skin. She whiskered, twice, three times before finally she blew an easy breath.

"I could be in heaven or I could be in hell. But you still look like an angel to me."

The mare admitted with a shy smile, a smile that cracked dry lips. Her sunshine eyes would never be taken from his, she kept a steady breath, her throat parched, dry, wanting fluid, her eyes wanted sleep, but all she wanted was his touch. It gave her a little beat to her heart. She had found something, wings, grey, she had found a double of what she had lost, and she didn't want to lose it again. Lirel turned her head slightly as another approached. she was dark like night, had eyes to match. Black as coal, black as pitch. Lirel pinned her ears back, she gave a shudder, it twitched her whole body. She refused to answer, kept staring at the winged stallion with wide eyes and a big, beating heart. Then he spoke to the black mare and Lirel shuddered beneath his echoing voice, it bounced in her skull like bullets and she concealed herself, hid, lower to the ground, cowering almost. It brought back painfully raw memories and she felt the pain start up in her neck. she whistled low, kept whistling until the hissing voices had stopped, and finally the grey buckskin steed turned his attention back to her and she idolised him again, looked up at him with big green eyes and a grin as wide as the rocky ledges of the cliffs.

"I'm Lirel. And Lirel, Lirel would love to stay here. The sand is soft beneath her feet, the sun is warm, very warm and then you, you are here. Lirel likes you. Lirel needs you."

Childish like and innocent, naive and broken inside, the piebald mare brought her knees up and felt supported by the steed, she was unsure with the mare, but felt the steed was a light, and he called her sunshine! she smiled then, a smile that felt crooked on her cracked, dry lips. her eyes dazed, half closed. So tired, so thirsty. she felt her knees weaken as she stood up and practically started to fall into the steed, she wobbled some more, regained a little composure and stood for a few minutes, before fumbling on her weary feet again, and falling into a heap, stray tears clouded her eyes then, she didn't want to leave, she didn't want to leave the warmth on her back, the winged angel by her side. But the exhaustion in her, it was taking it's toll. Skinny and cold, scarred and tired, the mare was a broken rag doll and she hoped, she prayed that the sunshine, the winged sun beside her, she hoped he would fix her. Put together all of her broken little pieces and hold her up to the sun and be 'you are mended now, beautiful doll. my sunshine.'

l i r e l;
    the broken little girl of leopold & amnesia

Messages In This Thread
    crack my teeth on pearls; any - by Lirel - 06-08-2015, 02:03 PM
    RE: crack my teeth on pearls; any - by Nier - 06-10-2015, 01:56 PM
    RE: crack my teeth on pearls; any - by Lirel - 06-10-2015, 02:31 PM
    RE: crack my teeth on pearls; any - by BrokenStar - 06-11-2015, 02:19 PM
    RE: crack my teeth on pearls; any - by Nier - 06-12-2015, 03:59 PM
    RE: crack my teeth on pearls; any - by Lirel - 06-12-2015, 04:53 PM