• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  You flee my dream come morning [Castile]
    Mad? No, never mad. Hurt though, yes. There is a pain in his chest that is unfamiliar to him, and it grips him relentlessly when he finally looks at her. She is uncertain, but so is he. This entire thing – this awful predicament – is a torrent of suffering that he struggling to see the light of. When he looks at Ciri, he wanted to see an embodiment of his parents and the love they hold, but alas, this fateful world has other plans in the making. Quietly, he shifts his body just as a cold gust whips through the trees and tousles his locks. For a long while, he is at a loss for words while trying to still hold together the cracks ripping through his heart. He is too young for this, he tries to reassure. If he continues to look, if he respects her wishes, if he tries to preserve his friendship with Amet. If, if, if. There’s too many.

Castile shakes his head, but among everything, he is still able to curve his lips into that familiar boyish grin. It lightens the shadows of his face, but there is still pain in his eyes as they meet Ciri’s. ”I should have never,” he begins, but doesn’t finish. Things could have been different had he only been observant and not so consumed by the swirling pewter of her gaze when they found him in Hyaline. ”My mistake,” the chuckle is forced as he inches away, even after she edges closer again, missing the warmth his body provided her. It shouldn’t be so difficult to reject her closeness and her reach for his cheek, but it rattles him enough to divert again. Silly boy, he tells himself with a toss of his head. But he is able to glance at her as he pivots to face the beaten trail ahead, considering how relatable it is. ”He brings you joy, Ciri. How can I be mad about that?” It isn’t an outright lie, but a slight fabrication of the truth. He doesn’t want to betray how much he is crumbling. It would do nothing now.

Slipping past her, his gaze fallen, he moves away toward the trees before glancing back over his shoulder. ”I will walk you half way, Ciri,” he doesn’t want to be seen by Amet, but he knows that with her lathered in his scent, it will only be a matter of time until their paths cross.

When the treeline thins and the hills of Loess are in the near distance, Castile draws to a stop. He greedily drinks in the scent of her before turning to face her. ”Be safe,” he murmurs, not entirely sure what else to say than to repeat what his parents often told him.

Up to you if you want to end it here or not since Amet is coming to find Castile haha

Messages In This Thread
    RE: You flee my dream come morning [Castile] - by Castile - 11-08-2017, 03:39 PM