• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'll Never Be More Than A Wolf At Your Door
    I know my way through the night to your door...
    Tick smiled to herself a bit. It seemed they were divided. She had been to like Ryan and Keeper in their short acquaintance, and Caw was far and away a wild thing. All three of them held youth close, and had time eekly to figure out what they really wanted out of life. She hoped they'd get to make that choice for themselves. I'm the meantime, however, they had dwelled here long enough. The blue dusted mare lifted her head, and eyed each of her companions in turn. She mused a moment longer before speaking at last. "Ryan, I think you and Keeper had best stick together. I think she'll do right by you, dear."  She suggested gently. The poor boy was so on edge. She had the idea that Keeper, in all her peaceful cheeriness, would be good company for him. She may give him a place to settle into, as it seemed he really needed. 
    Next, she turned to the enigmatic black filly before her. Caw. For all her startling ways and pugnacious personality, Tick sensed that maybe, maybe, the girl could use a friend. Now over the original shock of her, Tick felt that she could keep an eye on strangeling. Regardless, she truly was curious about the island she spoke of. It would be something else, she was sure of that. "I think I'll take you up on your offer, Caw. An island sounds like fun, though I make no promise of staying long. From what I've seen, this land is wide and varied, and I intend to see as much of it as I can." She ended, head nodding decisively. There was, of course, nothing to say that anyone had to do what she suggested. But to her mind, it was a sound plan. At the very least, it would get them moving. 
    She stepped gracefully to the oily mare's side, and gazed fondly at the two youngsters now opposite her. "I don't believe this will be the last we see of each other." She mentioned off hand. There was no premonition behind her words, no real reason to say them at all. Just a feeling that their paths would cross again someday. She looked forward to it.
    tickaani

OOC: Short, sweet, to the point. Maybe we can all move on from the field finally lol. @[keeper] @[Ryan] @[Caw]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'll Never Be More Than A Wolf At Your Door - by Tickaani - 11-29-2017, 02:32 PM