• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'll Never Be More Than A Wolf At Your Door

Keeper-

It would be days before Keeper would heed a fairy’s call and come, curious, to the gathering. Days, before she changed into a legendary cryptid that her grandmother had told her of. More days, before she realized or even acknowledged that she’d become a shifter too. Only nothing so cute as either of the cougars before Tickaani and her. Keeper would eventually become a bear.

Caw, with her oilslick skin, seemed to be enjoying herself quite a bit.
    Keeper kept her nose buried in the cougar ruff of Ryan’s neck, only raising her head up a fraction as she blew out a surprised snort from her flaring nostrils as a more outlandish cougar take shape before them. More of Caw’s impressive tricks. But as quick as she is a wildcat, she’s a horse again and mentioning how she means them no harm and for the first time, Keeper can see that she is a tad bit younger than the rest of them and a wry grin skips across her own lips.

She can feel Tick’s eyes on her and she gives her a muddled look of helplessness and mirth. The entire situation was becoming a bit absurd but Caw was blazing on ahead with a bold explanation and invitation to some island that Keeper has heard of but never seen before. Islands don’t hold much appeal to her. She hasn’t much time for further thought when Ryan shivers back into his horse-form and leans on her. Keeper misses the touch of him the moment he is gone from her; she was - for all they still knew - mostly a horse and craved things like the closeness of a herd, even if this was an odd assemblage of such for the time being.

Tick seems to be all for this idea of an island. Ryan, on the other hoof, seems a bit more hesitant and his hesitance is an opening that Keeper slips into with a quick shy smile for all of them. “Well, since Ischia has been mentioned. I might as well get down to business myself and throw in an offer of a place to visit. I’m from a land called Hyaline and you are all welcome to visit there, or maybe even make it your home.” This hadn’t gone according to plan, not that Keeper had had much of a plan to begin with.

“Sorry, I usually like to know someone before I just tell them to come with me.” she offers with a giggle of her own and a glance to Caw. She admired the mare’s shock-and-awe method just a bit. It certainly gave her a good opening to extend her invitation. Keeper usually just struck up polite but interesting conversation and went on from there.

not knowing how deep the woods are and lightless

ooc: sorry to have kept you all waiting! and also sorry it's not the greatest post lol. <3

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'll Never Be More Than A Wolf At Your Door - by keeper - 11-22-2017, 02:12 PM