• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

anyone;

I V A R
    i'll use you as a makeshift gauge of how much to give and how much to take

The transition from spring to summer was not at all discernible. The clouds today look no different from the clouds of the previous day, Ivar thinks as he watches them drift by. That one looks like it hasn’t even moved at all, he muses, but surely some puff of wind has stirred since he’d last come.

The pied stallion might have watched the clouds for hours longer, but he is distracted by the flight of a distant bird. It appears first as a black speck in the north, but as it draws closer, Ivar realizes that the wings are not feathered pinions after all, but rather broad and leathered, tipped in claws that he cannot discern at this distance. Though the figure is too far to smell or hear, Ivar is familiar with that particular patterning of tobiano. (This is the first time he’s seen it from below, of course, but he recognizes Castile long before the other stallion lands.)

Ivar moves through the tall grass, his long legs taking him closer to the empty bit of Field where he suspects Castile will choose to land. He is not incorrect, and he watches as his friend lands elegantly. Flight is something that Ivar cannot truly imagine. Weightless, he imagines, but in a less controlled way than how he drifts below the water. Drifted, really, he has not swum in months.

Pressing away those thoughts, Ivar moves closer to Castile. From here, the smell of the Hyaline alps is clearer, and Ivar assumes that his friend has gone back to live in the land with the bottomless lake. That is what his mother had sent him to do, after all, and everyone in Ivar’s world has always done what Nayl sent them to do.

“Come to recruit too?” He asks with a conspiratorial bump of his shoulder against Castile’s. “I’ll bet I find one before you. I even promise not to cheat.” Ivar is truly more immediately interested in catching up with Castile than he is in finding new members for Loess, and it shows in the way his brown eyes stay focused on Castile’s rather than seek out prospective targets. “We’re neighbors now, you know.” He adds, “I’m just south of the mountains, in Loess.”

kelpie mimicry | dragon scales | tactile hypnosis

Messages In This Thread
    anyone; - by Castile - 09-29-2017, 05:22 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Ivar - 10-01-2017, 08:50 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Castile - 10-02-2017, 08:49 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Ivar - 10-07-2017, 05:57 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Castile - 10-15-2017, 07:04 PM