• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i feel a bad moon rising - shirad

I V A R
    i'll use you as a makeshift gauge of how much to give and how much to take

The morning sun is almost full noon by the time Ivar wakes. He had been up most of the night, watching the hills. The tall tobiano stallion was not quite sure what he was looking for, but he had found nothing concerning. Only when the first streaks of light begin to appear on the eastern horizon did he rest his attention. Day time is safe time, he has always known. Dusk and night are for

(hunting)

and he is not in the mood to hunt. Too often when he drifted off beneath the stars he woke up to find himself somewhere else entirely. Best to stay awake, and stay aware.

So he sleeps till noon most days, and catnaps through the afternoon between patrols of the land and exercising. Today is no exception, and he yawns a dusty face into the bright blue sky. The spring has been a dry one, and the glistening of Ivar’s white scales is dull. He has not cleaned his scales to glistening in months, has not truly swum since last fall. He’d felt the heat of the magma behind him – and above him, below him – everywhere in the water. Nowhere was safe, and in the confusion, he had lost her. He’d been following that shadow of a twisted trunk beneath the water, not a roan mare with feathered wings.

He had failed.

Best to stay awake, and stay aware.

The young stallion shakes his tangle of mane against his shoulders. It is less unkempt these days, resting dark against his matte neck in a smooth curtain, The dreadlocks of last summer are gone, along with his vibrant zeal for adventure. He is more of an adult now, more predictable, more stable.

It feels wrong ,sometimes. He is sure that is only natural as well.

There’s a faint smile on his face as he looks out over the hilly realm, his brown eyes alert and interested. Ivar has a while before he needs to walk the eastern boarder; he’s up before noon today – that’s practically early. With nothing to fill his time, the young horse finds himself looking around to see if there’s anyone nearby.

kelpie mimicry | dragon scales | tactile hypnosis

Messages In This Thread
    i feel a bad moon rising - shirad - by Ivar - 09-24-2017, 03:50 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - anyone - by Shirad - 10-01-2017, 06:11 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - anyone - by Ivar - 10-01-2017, 07:15 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - anyone - by Shirad - 10-04-2017, 07:52 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - anyone - by Ivar - 10-08-2017, 11:55 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - shirad - by Shirad - 10-12-2017, 07:32 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - shirad - by Ivar - 10-13-2017, 11:00 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - shirad - by Shirad - 10-14-2017, 06:05 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - shirad - by Ivar - 10-15-2017, 09:30 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - shirad - by Shirad - 10-18-2017, 08:58 PM