• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm still waiting for the world to end; Else
    fiasko
    While the kingdom deliberates, she wanders.

She almost can’t believe what’s happened. She’s never before imagined herself on a throne. Her entire life, she’s always been in the background, a wallflower in other horses’ lives.

But now, along with Mast, she is poised to take over the Gates throne after Camelia steps down.

It’s difficult to comprehend. She, Fiasko, will be a queen. Queen of the Gates. Can she do it? She’s so inexperienced. She knows so little about the other kingdoms of Beqanna, so little about the world outside. She’s as green as they come.

And she needs to change that. And it’s better to do it now, before the official decision has been made.

She’s decided to start with the Deserts, by a simple process of elimination. It’s one of the three closet kingdoms to the Gates, the other two being the Falls and the Tundra. But she’s already been to the Falls, albeit briefly, and she doesn’t feel and particular strong desire to tackle the formidable Tundra climate today. So the Deserts it is.

She reaches the border in early morning, before the heat has really begun to set in (she’s heard it’s one of the better times to visit the sandy kingdom). Feeling nervous, she settles in at the base of a dune to wait. Hopefully a diplomat will be along to speak with her soon.

i'm still waiting for the world to end

Let's get this angst partay started! Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
    I'm still waiting for the world to end; Else - by Fiasko - 06-04-2015, 01:15 AM