• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

looking for the man in the moon; any
    like the sun swallowed up by the earth
    The cubs look up at him with perplexed looks that they share with each other, completely as surprised as he is. Quickly, however, the two panther cubs regroup and answer his question, one obviously still very bruised about the whole situation while the other remains proud, causing a gentle smile to form at the corner of his navy lips. Just like Svedka and Solace, the obvious siblings bicker just as easily as his own children.

He waits patiently, even though he has never met a shifter before in another form besides their equine one, for he knew that there had to be some magic about these two cubs. He is not disappointed when one of them shifts into a small black and white filly, her giggling causing her to lose control of her panther shape and pops her back into her equine form. Warrick relaxes a bit, glad to know that a mother panther wasn’t lurking around the corner, ready to rip him to shreds for coming too close to her cubs. The thought causes him to pause.

“Where’s your mom?” he asks curiously, just as the other cub shifts into a bay overo colt, with flames patterned against him in the most unusual way.

Then he is asked a very simple question that he never thought he would have to answer in his entire life.

‘What are you?’

Warrick’s face twitches into a confused look, tilting his head slightly. “Well I’m a, well – I’m not a bird – I’m, uh…” he grasps for the way he could explain it to them, but he realizes he cannot even explain it himself. “…I guess you could say I’m stuck this way. I have wings, just like you have the power to become a panther. I can’t go back and forth though.” He shrugs slightly, wondering if his explanation only confused them more. “My name is Warrick.”
    Warrick

@[Iron + Wine]

Messages In This Thread
    looking for the man in the moon; any - by Iron - 08-29-2017, 12:17 PM
    RE: looking for the man in the moon; any - by Warrick - 09-16-2017, 01:15 PM