• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and when I breathed - errant/diplomats
    and when I breathed, my breath was lightning
    She can’t help but laugh at Errant’s comment. It’s no secret that Scorch is wildfire, certainly. And she often acts it (though in rare moments, Rhy has seen her play a skilled diplomat). “We have a standing pact that if she ever gets out of line, I’m allowed to shock her.” Rhy says, chuckling slightly. She figures Errant might appreciate that little tidbit, and while this meeting is mostly about business, it’s good to relax as well. This is Scorch’s brother, after all.

Though she recalls the story of Scorch’s upbringing, and wonders how old the two of them were before they knew they were blood relations. It makes her wonder, briefly, how one can ever really be sure. Scorch must have thought her siblings were an entirely different set at one point in her life. Did she still trust them as she trusts Errant?

It’s strange how alliances can change on a blood tie alone. So much weight put into something so very fragile, really. After all, her own cousin had no such allegiance to her father. Yet Rhy trusts her, at least in certain regards, because they are cousins. Go figure.

“I’m glad to hear that the brothers agree with an alliance.” She says, her own amusement fading away, but not the ease that comes with talking to Errant. She enjoys pleasurable meetings as much as he does. “The usual are certainly acceptable, and I believe the sisters will be happy to agree to the additional term. It doesn’t harm anyone, and can perhaps help us both.”

Ephrelle speaks up at this point, and Rhy looks down and grins at the girl. She’ll be a great diplomat one day. She’s far more pleasant than some of the other sisters. Errant isn’t wrong in that regard. “I think that’s a great idea. Would you like to be the one to suggest it, perhaps?” She waits for a moment, and then turns her attention back to Errant. “Is there anything you need from me? If not, we’ll be out of your hair.”

rhy

the electric lioness of riagan and rayelle

character reference here  | character info here

If you don't have anything to add, I'm cool with ending it and pretending they said goodbye. But wanted to make sure there wasn't more. Smile

Messages In This Thread
    and when I breathed - errant/diplomats - by Rhy - 06-03-2015, 10:38 AM
    RE: and when I breathed - errant/diplomats - by Rhy - 06-08-2015, 03:23 PM