• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'll never be as good as I'd like to be [Offspring]

Bound for trouble from the start
    I've been walking through this old world in the dark

He’s loosely called Tephra home now for a few weeks. The chestnut stallion still isn’t sure it’s where he belongs. He doesn’t regret his choice to follow Ellyse here. He knows that he would follow her into the darkest abyss if he had to. However he is uncertain of his place, his purpose. To be fair it’s always been the unanswerable question in his life. For her he wants to belong. For her he wants to be a better man. For her heart he would do nearly anything. To rise above Dahmer in her eyes would mean everything. Yet every day he watches them, a family, one he has no place in. Even if she does not intend to, he’s outcasted. A boiling hate for the black stallion that had ruined everything that had been so pure….

His hooves splash in the surf as it crawls up the sands of the beach, listening to the waves crash and the ripple of water as it returns to it’s source. He’s grown to become quite fond of the ocean, spending most of his time here at it’s edge. He has yet to face the volcano, the bear and he in agreement that they can barely stand the thing. It’s heat is too much. Even though the humidity can be stifling, at least in the coolness of the crashing waves he can find relief.

Wandering down the coastline, his good eye picks out remnants of shells and fish bone. Merely trying to make the minutes pass, anything so he doesn’t have to be forced to see them together. To think about them. He comes to a halt, salty water spraying against his legs as he spots a dark figure before him. For a moment he thinks the black stallion is Dahmer and is muscles coil, jaw tight with dislike. It takes a moment to see the red eyes and realize his mistake. Slowly he relaxes and comes closer. ”My apologies, I thought you were someone else.”

Ledger

Messages In This Thread
    I'll never be as good as I'd like to be [Offspring] - by Ledger - 07-25-2017, 08:08 PM
    RE: I'll never be as good as I'd like to be [Offspring] - by Offspring - 07-30-2017, 12:45 PM
    RE: I'll never be as good as I'd like to be [Offspring] - by Offspring - 09-10-2017, 09:23 AM
    RE: I'll never be as good as I'd like to be [Offspring] - by Offspring - 09-12-2017, 08:07 PM