• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Are you lost enough?

I V A R
    i'll use you as a makeshift gauge of how much to give and how much to take
    With his third birthday approaching, Ivar is finally beginning to understand a previous mystery. He’d never been able to understand why so many horses left their homes with adulthood. But as he becomes more of a stallion and less of a colt, he has begun to see. Sylva is a wonderful territory, full of natural beauty and a friendly populace…but there is so much more to the world beyond its borders. While his parents reside there, he knows that he will always find his way back, but the piebald stallion has been considering resting his head elsewhere.

Exactly where that place will be, he’s not yet decided.

Each of land he has visited have their own appeal; it’s far easier to strike them off his list than it is to choose a single one. Tephra is too sulpherous – he liked the jungle, but the volcano was too unpredictable for a creature that loves cool water. Nerine is a land of women, and while there is appeal in the life of a gladiator he might have there, Ivar would rather not label himself so quickly. Taiga and Ischia are most appealing for the lavender-haired mares that live there; his young machismo is strong enough that he’s sure he can convince Azar and Kylin to leave their homelands. The lake of Hyaline is his favorite, but the term limit on age keeps him wary – he’d rather not settle in a home only to be forced to leave at a certain age.

That leaves only Loess, he knows, but Ivar is not sure where he stands with their queen, and if Heda would want him there with those he’d wish to bring.

Imke asks about Sylva and Ivar smiles – both at her question and her willingness to follow him to better grazing. He leads the way, cognizant of the trail even under the thick layer of snow.

“What would you like to know about Sylva?” He asks, “It’s a large kingdom, mostly forest, with trees that keep their autumn leaves year round. It never gets too cold or too hot. Politically, it’s allied with Nerine and Hyaline, though most of the residents don’t concern themselves with climbing ranks like they did in the Old Beqanna – or so I hear.” He grins, because he had obviously never experienced the Old Beqanna. This New Beqanna is all that he has ever known, with its relaxed atmosphere and lack of warfare and bloodshed.

“I like to explore,” Ivar says in reply to her second question. “I have since I was a child. There is so much to see, so many others to meet.”

kelpie mimicry | dragon scales | tactile hypnosis

Messages In This Thread
    Are you lost enough? - by Imke - 07-03-2017, 03:23 PM
    RE: Are you lost enough? - by Ivar - 07-03-2017, 08:40 PM
    RE: Are you lost enough? - by Imke - 07-05-2017, 08:48 PM
    RE: Are you lost enough? - by Ivar - 07-06-2017, 07:42 AM
    RE: Are you lost enough? - by Imke - 07-08-2017, 07:39 PM
    RE: Are you lost enough? - by Ivar - 07-15-2017, 09:51 AM