• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

could i use you as a warning sign - Heda

I V A R
    i'll use you as a makeshift gauge of how much to give and how much to take
    Rarely is he sure what he is looking for. It’s not something tangible, something with a name. It’s more of a sensation, the feeling of finding something that he has never seen before. The woods of Sylva have already become familiar; he can wind his way through the forest paths with his eyes closed and find his way. He’d like to be able to do that with all of Beqanna – perhaps all of the world beyond as well.

But there is more than just land that he wants to see; he wants to find the horses too. They are more unpredictable than the land, harder to understand. It’s a delightful puzzle, but a frustrating one as well. He doesn’t understand what drives them. Today, he wonders why everyone seems to leave their childhood homes. Heda’s answer – she was tired – is a foreign one to Ivar. He lacks responsibilities of any sort, so the idea of getting tired of them in incomprehensible.

She mentions spreading joy, and he wonders if she is being literal.

It’s an intriguing thought.

“We share that philosophy then.” The young stallion tells her with a matching smile.

When she turns away he follows readily, stepping forward to fall in behind her. He keeps close. Not close enough to make her feel uncomfortable (though who could be when Ivar looks the way he does – perfectly handsome and perfectly trustworthy?), but close enough that now and again he thinks he almost feels the brush of her navy wings against his shoulder. She’s been here in Loess a while, he knows, and as he breathes in the dry air of the kingdom he realizes that all traces of the Taiga have left her skin. She really does belong here, he thinks.

“I am curious though,” he says as they make their way through the land, “When you said were spreading joy…” referencing her earlier comment. “Is that with some sort of magic or just your natural sunny self?” Sunny is a playful, neutral compliment. It doesn’t quite match the way his eyes trail up the blue line of her dorsal stripe and the lurid warmth in his brown eyes as he meets her gaze.

kelpie mimicry | dragon scales | tactile hypnosis

ooc: it's fine! no worries :)

Messages In This Thread
    RE: could i use you as a warning sign - Heda - by Ivar - 07-06-2017, 07:19 AM