• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I will never be your hothouse flower - any

Delicate things are pretty - cute, even,
    but you are not delicate.
    You are wild and lewd and unpredictable.
    You are breathtaking.
    You are beautiful.

It is a fair question. Certainly odder things have occurred than a horse like me making her way into Beqanna. It just so happens that I am not one of them. I mean, all these strange horses here had to start somewhere. They had to come from somewhere. Of course, I don’t know where, but still, the point is a good one.

And I mean, it would take a very vain horse to be offended by such an assumption. Of course, I know there are those elitists who might be offended. But, I mean, just look at me. It takes a lot to offend me, especially given my physical appearance. I certainly have been called much, much worse.

Sometimes I do wonder what my life might have been like had I been born normal. But then I am glad I wasn’t. I am special, all-seeing and all that jazz, and I wouldn’t change it for the world. Even despite the names I’ve been called, and even despite the odd looks I so often receive. How could I take away what makes me, me?

But really, that’s neither here nor there right now. No, right now I should be listening to the story Aten is trying to share with me. So I focus, amber eyes fixing upon the roan stallion. He speaks of the Falls (I know of the falls, but that had been before my time. All I have ever known is this new, ever changing Beqanna), and it is fascinating to hear even tidbits of the lands that had existed before everything changed. Before the upheaval of the reckoning.

But then he goes on to explain how he had ended up in Taiga. A fascinating tale to be sure, one that definitely makes the place worth checking out.

Grin widening, I tilt my head in a confident angle before exclaiming, “Well, you’re in luck. I do happen to be looking.” I pause, my smile easing a bit, though no less warm, my head dropping to more normal (more humble) levels. “Taiga sounds incredible. I would love to see it.”

Giohde

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I will never be your hothouse flower - any - by Giohde - 06-23-2017, 05:00 PM