• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I will never be your hothouse flower - any

Delicate things are pretty - cute, even,
    but you are not delicate.
    You are wild and lewd and unpredictable.
    You are breathtaking.
    You are beautiful.

To be honest, I hadn’t taken any particular notice of the, er, testosterone of the season. I love fall simply for the beauty and the bounty, the crispness of the winter-tinged air, the busy flurry of the woodland creatures and migrating birds. It’s such a fascinating time of year. Though, if I do pause to consider it, I could see how it might be a bit distracting this time of year. Especially the males, most of whom seem to be more interested in seeking out warm and willing partners.

As is evidenced by a scene playing out right in front of me. To be honest, I hadn’t been paying too much attention to the other horses drifting through the field about me. None of them were terribly interested in me, so it hadn’t truly been any of my concern (of course, it could be my… oddities that are keeping them at bay too). But when two randy stallion’s start duking it out right there in the middle of the field, I can’t help but notice.

I’m pretty sure everyone in the near vicinity can’t help but notice.

With a sigh, I roll my eyes heavenward in perhaps the most exasperated expression known to horse before shifting my weight and giving them my back. This is most definitely not something I care to be a part of. I mean, right there in the open. How embarrassing. At least go find a nook to make your own.

I huff out a soft laugh as I recognize the churlishness of my thoughts. Really, I am not usually so grumpy.

Fortunately a distraction appears just then in the form of another stallion. Had I been a bit more less outgoing, a bit less curious, I might have treated him with caution, perhaps even disdain. But, despite the heat of the season, my interest is piqued and my natural friendliness comes to the fore.

Shifting my odd gaze, I watch him with bright curiosity, an easy smile curving my lips as my frame shifts slightly, allowing me to peer at him without craning my neck. He doesn’t seem put off by my appearance, and I find that rather promising. Tilting my black-tipped ears forward, I offer him a greeting as friendly as the one he had offered me. “Well, hello.” My grin widens a bit as I tip my head slightly in consideration. “I can always use friends. I’m Giohde.” Pause. “So, tell me friend, where do you call home?”

Giohde

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I will never be your hothouse flower - any - by Giohde - 06-22-2017, 01:45 PM