• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Don't mistake me for a wilting bloom - Ledger

Delicate things are pretty - cute, even,
    but you are not delicate.
    You are wild and lewd and unpredictable.
    You are breathtaking.
    You are beautiful.

It's the middle of the day. A warm, sunny day that pokes bright rays of light through the thick canopy, gilding the edges of leaves just beginning to turn rich shades of rust and deepest ruby. It's the middle of a very fine day, and I'm tired. I don't know why, but just as the thought crosses my mind, another yawn splits my jaw.

I am ambling along at a leisurely pace, not paying too much attention to where I am going. Other than considering perhaps finding a cozy place to curl up for a nap, I haven't thought about too much beyond the pleasantness of the day. Occasionally my dull black hooves clip against an exposed it root, but even this is but enough to perturb me much. Indeed, it's not even enough to rouse me from my drowsy half slumber. My feet move automatically, my body wending almost instinctively through the dense trunks of the forest, all despite the fact that my peculiar (peculiar not because of their color or any such mundane things, but rather because the number - the extra one in the very center of my forehead) amber eyes are half lidded in near sensual slumber.

It isn't until I nearly stumble into another body that I take any notice of where I am headed. Well, actually, there is no ‘nearly’ about it. “Oh!” I gasp, eyes flying wide, any hint of exhaustion fleeing my body. “Oh goodness! I am terribly sorry. How clumsy of me.”

Giohde

@[Jeje]

Messages In This Thread
    Don't mistake me for a wilting bloom - Ledger - by Giohde - 06-19-2017, 11:47 PM