• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

a single spark is all I need, Gryffen

"I've been falling through the dream-mine and I'm hoping at the bottom
    All the mountains of coins I've thrown will bought the wish I've cast them for.“

_______________________________________________________________________________

He startles her, the stark white stallion seeming to appear out of nowhere. Silently she chastises herself for letting her guard down, for usually she was not so foolish and unaware of her surroundings. With cautious eyes she watches him, taking in the wings that fold at his sides, and the vibrant red eyes that were an exquisite contrast against his pale colored face. The smile that slowly spread seemed amicable enough, but Vespara had learned long ago that anyone could smile. It was merely muscles moving your lips. She smiled all the time and never felt a thing. Her weight shifts back onto her haunches, her muscles pulled taut beneath her sun-colored coat, with all the tension of a deer that was prepared to flee. ”I’m fine,” and while her voice was soft and lilting, the way the words are spoken is abrupt.

She watches as he stretches his muzzle towards her, and she stares at him in confusion. There is a large part of her that wants to follow her instinct and let the shadows swallow her back up. But there is another part of her, the naïve and hopeful side, that wants to return the gesture. And so ever so carefully her neck begins to stretch, remaining solidly rooted but letting the satin-soft skin of her muzzle just barely brush against his. She feels his breath mingle with hers and immediately she recoils, her heart hammering in her chest. It had been years since someone was this close to her, and every awful scenario played in her head. ”What do you want?” As much as she tries to control it she cannot hide the quiver in her voice,  her liquid-brown eyes staring at his ruby-colored ones with a mingling of confusion and apprehension. Everyone had an agenda, but she didn’t know what his was.
    _______________________________________________________________________________

V E S P A R A
    don't fail me, you're all I know
    buonarroti x elentári

Messages In This Thread
    RE: a single spark is all I need, Gryffen - by Gryffen - 06-20-2017, 12:09 AM
    RE: a single spark is all I need, Gryffen - by Vespara - 06-21-2017, 12:21 AM
    RE: a single spark is all I need, Gryffen - by Gryffen - 06-27-2017, 10:02 PM
    RE: a single spark is all I need, Gryffen - by Gryffen - 07-14-2017, 03:26 PM