• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i'm waking up, i feel it in my bones; any.

Delicate things are pretty - cute, even,
    but you are not delicate.
    You are wild and lewd and unpredictable.
    You are breathtaking.
    You are beautiful.

I did not wake up today expecting to end up plopped on my bum next to another horse. But then, life seems determined to prove one should always expect the unexpected. In this case, the unexpected seems to be me, on my butt, next to a young stallion with no social graces to speak of, and being rather charmed by him nonetheless.

Fortunately for him, I am the opposite of shy. The perfect yin and yang. Or something like that. I'm not sure it's quite so elegant or spiritual as all that, but close enough.

So instead of withdrawing when he suddenly reverts to shy behaviour, I stretch my nose out and nudge his shoulder gently. My lips quirked into a wry grin, I nibble playfully before withdrawing, a faint twinkle in my eye.

His next question takes me back a bit, though perhaps I should have expected it. But really, it doesn't seem to be that big of a deal. Not to me, at least. Of course, I live with it every day and I know the benefits. And really, if curiosity is a crime, I'm super guilty.

“Well, it's just a thing, like a horn. Except, it's an eye.” I shrug, recognizing I'm probably not making myself very clear. “I was born with it, I mean. don't you have anything different you were born with?”

Giohde

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'm waking up, i feel it in my bones; any. - by Giohde - 06-22-2017, 08:29 PM