• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  can't you see my mind is a burning hell? || ledger [m]

Bound for trouble from the start
    I've been walking through this old world in the dark

God he had been so like her once. Unable to cast blame and judgement, so confident that there must be a reason for why terrible things happen. How jaded he had been. There are no good reasons, terrible things just happen. Terrible people just exist. Karma doesn’t always strike three fold on those that deserve it. Some people have no destiny towards a happy ending. He understands this now. He knows the cards he’s been dealt and that there will be nothing better than this. Perhaps she would be better off accepting this as well.

Magnus had a plethora of lovers. There had been those that were mere acquaintances and then those few great loves of his life. His own mother had merely been a sweet misguided thing who so badly loved a man who would never reciprocate the way she had desperately wanted him to. He gave that affection to Joelle. To the children they had together. Why hadn’t Raaquel deserved that life? Perhaps his own would have been very different. It is one of those nagging questions that he’s always thought but never spoken aloud.

How the chestnut stallion had been so desperate to find solace in another. Foolishly he had thought he could undo the wrongs in his life by creating his own family. Giving his children the childhood he never had, finally feeling the loving embrace of another. To finally belong. Stupid stupid man. It was a dream and nothing more than that. Although he was far from old, he was also no spring chicken. Between his disregard for his appearance and the terrible things he had seen, years were etched into the grooves of his face. Who could possibly want him now with his black and bitter heart, holding nothing but pain and resentment?

Her regret is exposed on the lines that trace her face. He understands to an extent. At least she had loved at all. That’s more then he had ever had. She’s seen things too, he can tell, and her body is more muscular than his own. She's probably seen things just as terrifying. True, he was in a rather pathetic state but his body had never been trained for war. They had preferred to keep him weak in his captivity. They are sufferers. It’s something that everyone tries to hide and fails at, no matter the mask they may place… The eyes always give it away, the soul pleading for help. Please ease this burden.

”Thank you Ellyse.” He finally manages, turning the intact side of his face away from her, unsure of what she wants to see in him. What she’s trying to find. ”I’m Ledger.” A pause, not because he thinks she’s heard of him but because he’s wrestling with the question. Hesitant if he really wants to know the answer. ”I thought I might find my father..His name is Magnus.” Another pause, unable to look at her and expose himself truly. ”Or a girl named Adaline. You would remember her if you saw her.” A faint smile ghosts his lips at the memory of her, with her fragile translucent skin. His good eye avoiding, still fixed on the horizon. If those names ring a bell, he doesn’t see it.

Ledger

Messages In This Thread
    RE: can't you see my mind is a burning hell? || ledger - by Ledger - 06-17-2017, 01:05 AM