• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I should probably say something witty; ANY
    Somewhere in the deep pits of her subconscious, she is aware that she is being observed, though this knowledge does not rattle her. She’s broken bread so to speak with some of the most wicked, vile, lecherous, and dangerous to ever tread these lands, and to her girlish disappointment she’d come away from these encounters utterly unscathed. Many times her flesh could’ve been sustenance for some of the more base folk that had called Beqanna home, and yet here she is, perfectly and completely whole. She is now of a mind that if it is her time to go, it is her time to go. Worrying about who watches from a distance only causes you to suffer twice, and so her brain does not wake her from her dreams. She sleeps quietly, cocking one bleached hind leg in utter relaxation, until she hears a rustling of the green blades that stretch over the field like emerald carpet, heralding the approach of another. An ink tipped ear cocks in his direction, even though crystalline eyes are sluggish to open.

She stifles a smirk at his snort, and finally opens knowing eyes when he exclaims that he’d not been sure if he’d find anybody here today. If she were younger perhaps she would’ve believed him, as it is she regards him quietly, with polite interest. She offers a half smile, and a shrug ”Just me for the time being, I’m afraid.” she offers, turning sky stained eyes towards the vastness that stretched out around them. ”It is rather empty today.” she observes. Where earlier had been cliques of horses talking or grazing, now there seemed to be only the sleepy sun and singing crickets. He overtakes her, ogling her overtly and pressing on past her in a silent invitation. She watches him for a moment, silently musing her own blossoming interest of him. This was not her first trip around the merry-go-round. She steps with him, deciding that she’s quite interested in seeing in where this could go, and how long before he discovers just how calculated she is in her dealings with others. Commitment wasn’t her thing, and if it was a short term jaunt he was after, there was no regretful morning after or awkward goodbyes to be had with her. Zero expectations of any sort of follow up.

”As a matter of fact, I don’t.” she offers with a tinge of irony. She wonders if he has hopes for the long term, but something in the way he looks at her tells her that this is unlikely. The thought makes her smile. ”Do you? Or are you just passing through as well? I find I never stay in one place for too long.” there is a hint of warning in her final words, a ghost of a touch as she comes to be shoulder to flank by his side, before she takes a smooth half step away again, quietly meandering onward, content to allow him to guide her should he so please. Kat was rather sneaky that way, she had mastered the art of mimicking the ‘compliant female’ though it never took long for the façade to fall away once the urge to socialize, or otherwise, had been sated.

katastrophe
    I could probably say something witty….

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I should probably say something witty; ANY - by Katastrophe - 06-15-2017, 09:44 PM