• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Show them the joy and the pain and the ending (Stillwater)
    show them the joy and the pain and the ending

For a long time, she simply watches him, letting his words fade into obscurity. She is a poor entertainer, nor does she have any intention of doing so.

There is something entirely different about seeing someone for oneself rather than through the eyes of another. One thing very few know is that everyone sees the world just a bit differently. Perspectives are altered, distorted, depending on just who one might choose as their vehicle for sight. While she has seen him through plenty of other’s eyes, there is something that can only be gained by looking at an object through one’s own sight.

So she studies him, eyes cool and blue, giving no insight as to her thoughts.

He is amused by Nayl’s destructive tendencies, and that is telling. Perhaps more than he had intended. She makes no reaction when he whispers alongside her, so very close but not quite touching. As though he hopes to garner a reaction from her.

As she considers him, she wonders what they all see in him. Why this plethora of women is so consistently drawn to him and his charms. She, frankly, fails to see it. Perhaps she would ask her sister. If Luster is even speaking to her, that is. She is somewhat certain her sister does not like her much at the moment, not that it would stop her from offering her protection, regardless of whether or not it was wanted.

Finally, after what must have seemed like an untenable wait, she sighs softly before stepping cleanly away from Stillwater. “I have no interest in those sorts of entertainments, especially from one who would only pretend I am another.” The words are clipped and cool, hiding the amusement she holds deep in her breast.

Two could play at that.

“I am certain you already know why I am here,” she continues, a steely edge entering her smooth voice. “But if for some reason you would like to pretend ignorance, let me inform you.”

The words are not even out of her mouth before her features are shifting, melting into that of her sister’s. Then, between one blink and the next, she is herself again. So very similar and yet distinctly different.

i filled up my senses with thoughts from the ghosts

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Show them the joy and the pain and the ending (Stillwater) - by Heartfire - 06-23-2017, 06:29 PM