• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see; Iset
    My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see
    He savors the way she leans into him, enjoying the brief caress in her own private way. He uses the excuse to linger before allowing her to escape him, before pulling back and giving her space. He has no desire to push her too far. They have plenty of time, and he’d rather win her over the old fashioned way. So much sweeter then.

Not that he’d tell her that. The way she uses her wit and sarcasm as a barrier against such closeness and familiarity tells him enough to know better than that. Besides, he is confident in his ability to survive her barbs. He suspects (knows) an incredible woman lingers beneath that prickly exterior, and he is patient enough to wait for her to come to him in her own time. Besides, he’s not lying about liking her just as she is. It seems he has a weakness for women with mettle.

Her rather impish response to his admission amuses him, and he offers her a sly wink in response. “No false modesty,” he quips with a grin. “I like that too.”

He likes her laugh, would love to see her laugh more often. The way it lights her features and softens the feminine lines intrigues him. Not that he hasn’t already been trying, but he would do his best to see her laugh again. It is rather a good look for her.

Fortunately (or perhaps unfortunately), Fox is equally impervious to anger (even fake anger), and so her sharp tone and indignant huffing only serve to broaden the grin upon his lips. He likes her laughter, but he’d be lying if he said he didn’t like her anger too. The fire inside her lights, a fierceness that draws him like a moth to flame. Makes him want to do nothing so much as stoke the flames. And instead of becoming flustered, he laughs before offering a wink and a gently teasing, “Positively ancient.”

But then he is distracted by her talk of her family and of her former home. Amber eyes lighting, he eyes her with open curiosity as they continue on their path towards Tephra (a journey that would soon bring them across the river). “Ooooo, the Dunes?” he repeats. “I’ve never been there. Sounds fascinating!”

He considers her quietly for a moment before his features split into a grin once more. “Well, I think we will have plenty to explore then. I’ve been lots of places already, but I have yet to make it to Nerine, Sylva, or Ischia. Sounds like a good starting place to me though, after Tephra of course. At least, if you think you’d like that.”
    Fox

We can switch this over to Tephra whenever you'd like. Mostly he's just a chatty cathy XD

Messages In This Thread
    RE: My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see; Iset - by Fox - 09-03-2017, 01:03 AM