• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Show them the joy and the pain and the ending (Deimos)
    show them the joy and the pain and the ending

She had watched the wasteland fall into the sea. It was with no small amount of satisfaction that she had watched the waters surge forward, claiming that desolate stretch of earth foot by foot, until nothing had remained but the lapping of the waves. Some had died. Many more had not. She had even welcomed one into the midst of her home.

Her objection to the land had not been the land itself (though certainly that had been bad enough), but rather those who had deigned to call themselves its leaders.

Unfortunately her satisfaction had not lasted. It had given her nemesis the opportunity to disappear, even from her prying sight. And now she can only stare at that empty expanse of ocean, her sight futilely seeking out that one face in a sea of thousands, the disgust and unrest only growing in her breast.

So it is with some satisfaction that she had torn down those trees, exposing the magician hidden there, even if he had nothing to do with her disgruntlement.

It does not surprise her when, with a huff, he builds back up what she has torn down. She is certain he could not have been pleased to be so rudely exposed. Even so, he steps from his poorly chosen den before sending it up in flames. An act that only serves to increase her amusement. His rumbled response, low and filled with a note of danger, does nothing to dampen it.

Instead, she quirks one equine brow, the cool blue of her gaze lifting to find his darker one. There is no fear there, no alarm, nor even much sense of self-preservation. Instead she murmurs a softly humored, “Actually, I do not believe it is I who wanted your attention, but rather you who wanted mine.”

i filled up my senses with thoughts from the ghosts

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Show them the joy and the pain and the ending (Deimos) - by Heartfire - 06-11-2017, 12:21 PM