• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i'm not going to change, so stay out of my way. || heartfire only
    i'm not going to change, so stay out of my way.
    i don't need you to understand that i'm already saved.
       She has descended into the shadows once more - she prefers the dim, dark rhythm of the night, in which she is unrestrained and able to move swiftly, yet the thick brush and tightly wound foliage of the forest is a beckoning mistress to her in the heat of the day.

Winter has begun to wane, and yet dusk surely approaching, its taut, icy chill remains. She savors this time of day, bathing in the pale but rich sunlight that peeks through the wavering, swaying branches above - the sun has begun to fall, and yet the vivid colors of sunset still weaves its way through the gaps above, cloaking her shining golden coat in its magenta light.

Her thick alabaster wings flex as she arrives at a small clearing, shaking her bristling feathers free of the sparse leaves and twigs that have found themselves tangled within them. With a long, dreary sigh, she has grown bored of her self-imposed isolation. She has spent many days and weeks kept to herself, mulling over what had once been hers, what never had been – and what never would. Her once frayed, broken heart no longer pined over a perceived love lost – time has its way of mending, and her once fragile heart (though nothing of her was truly ever fragile) was beginning to heal – marred with scar tissue unseen to the eye.

Then, she pauses - a shimmer of alabaster and obsidian catches her gaze from afar, rousing her curiosity. Her slender, curving body moves with effortless stealth that should not come so naturally to a creature so foreboding. She moves quietly beside her, with only a few spindly trees keeping them apart – but it is only so long before the stagnant silence is broken by the dull crunch of ice beneath her weight, and she is altogether revealed (remnants remaining from the most recent snowfall; kept intact by the dark canopy of the forest shielding it from the sunlight).

”Heartfire,” she murmurs breathily, a wry smile tugging at the corner of her mouth. A familiar face, with vivid, searing eyes of blue – meeting with her own simmering hazel stare. ”so far from home. What could possibly bring you here?”

A pause.
       And then, with amusement laced in her tone, her words carefully dance with the image of Heartfire and Wyrm tucked away within the darkness of the thicket – with hushed voices; with a loveless tryst and its inevitable product – all for a price. She doubted either of them had ever known they were not alone that night – but the hills have eyes, and the walls can talk.

”Perhaps you’ve come to negotiate another piece of yourself in return for a favor?”
    Ellyse

@[Heartfire]

Messages In This Thread
    i'm not going to change, so stay out of my way. || heartfire only - by Ellyse - 05-28-2017, 09:58 AM