• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

blue on black, tears on a river [any/nymph]
    Kimber
    love bites, but so do I
    At first glance she thought that it was the necromancer slinking through the thick jungle but once the sun had broken on the surface and the light illuminated the man; she realized it was not him. A sigh escapes in disappointment but she quickly disregards it since clearly she's been found - a new face must take precedence. She normally would have some quirky retort to his question but since the reckoning she has simply found her spark to have been extinguished most days. The dip-dye mare was either a roaring white-hot fire or smoke rising from a once-been fire - there was no continuous burn. She offers a forced smile, the one that your lips feel dry and your jaw hurts but at least she cared enough to try. "I'll be honest, Warrick, I thought you were whom I came to Tephra for but light was shed," literally, she thinks, "I'm Kimber, I was the General for the Chamber under Killdare's rule. When the reckoning happened, I got misplaced from those I was fighting with and my family. I hoped to find part of those people here, have you heard of a man named Nymphetamine?" She wasn't usually a huge talker but she felt like she shouldn't just come barreling in and asking to speak to certain people.

Perhaps time had taught her to bite her tongue.

She thinks briefly about her children, their children, Nymph, Warship, Killdare, Malis - the lot of them, all prevalent and for what? Nothing. Somedays, despite her immortality she can still feel the lightning the stallion she battled surged through her veins. She felt like a storm most days, turmoiled and spinning into orbit but she had no one to witness such things. A troubled youth turns into a troubled adult they say, so here we are. "I'm also homeless, so I suppose if you could use another has-been, I could push some dirt around," she had never been an egotistical woman, she was more into putting your money where your mouth is. The mismatched eyed woman had never backed down from a fight and likely never would; even to magicians. She needed to be reignited but that was no business or burden of this fella and so she feels guilty for a moment. "Care to show me around, if you have the time anyway?" she doesn't force a smile this time, it's a gentle wave that crosses her face and like the sun had illuminated them; a small glint of who she has been shows.

Strong spirits never truly diminish.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: blue on black, tears on a river [any/nymph] - by Kimber - 06-05-2017, 08:13 PM