• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

dark side of the morning - anyone

i know i'm not the center of the universe
    -but you keep spinning 'round me just the same

It’s not occurred to Ivar that he might be seen as a threat, so when the older bay stallion appears, the smile that the colt offers him is guileless and light.

“Hello!” He replies brightly, taking a moment to look over this stranger. He’d arrived rather quickly after Ivar’s call, so either Tephra is a smaller land than he’d thought, or this stallion had already been patrolling the borders. Neither would be particularly surprising (though Ivar remains unaware of the tension that might have been caused by Pangea slipping into the sea).

The stallion introduces himself as Warrick after a moment, and asks the question that Ivar had been anticipating. He has been taught the methods of confronting strangers even if he lacks real world experience. That is why he’s here, after all, to see the world. He says as much to Warrick when the navy-legged stallion asks, no hesitance in his voice.

“I wanted to see Tephra.” He tells him, “I’m Ivar of Sylva.” Of rather than from; a bit of his mother’s old habits have refused to die even in this world where blood means less than it once did. “Could you show me? Or help me find someone who would?” He is earnest, his soft brown eyes hopeful as he looks up at the older male.

-------------------i v a r
    ------------------------------------djinni and stillwater---------------------------------

Messages In This Thread
    dark side of the morning - anyone - by Ivar - 05-21-2017, 09:34 PM
    RE: dark side of the morning - anyone - by Ivar - 05-25-2017, 07:22 AM
    RE: dark side of the morning - anyone - by Ivar - 05-31-2017, 07:51 AM
    RE: dark side of the morning - anyone - by Ivar - 06-04-2017, 01:47 PM
    RE: dark side of the morning - anyone - by Ivar - 06-13-2017, 09:12 PM
    RE: dark side of the morning - anyone - by Ivar - 06-16-2017, 01:26 PM
    RE: dark side of the morning - anyone - by Ivar - 06-18-2017, 08:32 PM
    RE: dark side of the morning - anyone - by Ivar - 06-22-2017, 09:02 PM