• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

dark side of the morning - anyone

i know i'm not the center of the universe
    -but you keep spinning 'round me just the same

The sound of hooves seems exceedingly loud in the empty woods. Though he had been waiting for someone to come, instinct still kicks in at the sound, and Ivar freezes. The wind stirs his hair, his nostrils flare, and his eyes dart sharply – but otherwise he’s utterly still. It lasts for only a millisecond, until he sees the approaching mare, barely long enough to matter.

She is a soft buckskin, and he eyes the navy blue of her mane and tail with appreciation. Though his own coloring is nothing more than soft black and white, he has always enjoyed the rainbow that the horses of Beqanna wear. He’d met a gaggle of children on his first foray into the world, all of them jewel-bright and lovely. Since then, the number of colorful horses he’s seen has only grown larger. Still, he likes the way the blue looks against the natural bucksksin, Ivar decides.

“Hi Heda.” He replies with a warm smile. She seems genuine, and more importantly – friendly. He has been drilled in the many ways of approaching a stranger in one’s home, and he has always found himself partial to the welcoming way. “I just wanted to see the woods,” he replies. “And hopefully the ocean.” He knows his geography even if he’s never seen it for himself, knows that Taiga is between Sylva and the sea, and that the sea is between Taiga and Ischia.

“I’m Ivar, by the way.” He adds, because he hadn’t before and doesn’t want her to think that he is hiding anything. I’m from Sylva.”

-------------------i v a r
    ------------------------------------djinni and stillwater---------------------------------

Messages In This Thread
    dark side of the morning - anyone - by Ivar - 05-12-2017, 03:11 PM
    RE: dark side of the morning - anyone - by Heda - 05-13-2017, 11:45 PM
    RE: dark side of the morning - anyone - by Ivar - 05-20-2017, 08:20 AM