• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i will show you fear in a handful of dust -- any
    He felt the anger around him, and the sorrow. Though not as much as he felt the icy bite of air lap against his trembling and weak body. Iset was gone again, her teeth no longer entangled amongst the dark hairs of his tail. Though he could still hear her voice somewhere out there in the deep night, laced with accusation, so like Iset. And he smiled internally as he let his head drop upon the leaf littered floor of the forest once more, his twin’s voice bleeding into the tone of many others.

And then she was back again. Back before he could truly fear her gone. He welcomed once again the gentle thud of his twin’s body against the cold trembling flesh of his own. She was cosily warm as she curled the parts that she could around him and held him close. 

Sakir,’ she whispered, and he could hear the sorrow that weighed down his name. 

Sakir I need you to be okay. Who’s going to look out for me? Who’s going to keep me from killing Amet? You have to be here to keep me out of trouble. I need you. I love you,

He loved her too. And he was here, wasn’t he? She needn’t be sad. He just needed to rest, to give in to that weariness that urged his weakening mind and body to sleep, to fall into dreams of happier times whilst he lay alongside his twin, he just needed a moment. She needed to hush. And a smothering weariness overcame him. There was no winged mare to light for him the path of this journey this time, but he was not afraid. He could still feel the beat of Iset’s heart against his side, it beat for him too, and grew stronger and stronger. And he felt his pulse match hers, her warmth only grow, and an impossible sensation which felt both warm and cool bleed from his neck into every part of him. And slowly at first, he found the fogginess which suppressed his mind’s eye begin to dissipate. And his thoughts became clear, their voices stronger. He lifted his head, no longer weighed down with that weary murkiness, his amber eyes bright and focused.

Thank you.” He said to the blood orange stallion, those two simple words formed well and strong. “You have given me more than your strength.” And he cast his eyes upon his twin, the tiny hairs below her eyes slicked wet from tears. He pressed his muzzle against her there, gentle and comforting. “I am here and I love you.” And he blew warmth through his nostrils against her cheek before rising on legs that should have been shaking but weren’t. “Fear not,” he teased “I will not let you kill our brother.” 

And he strode forth to meet his brother then, magnificently changed as he was, he would recognise Amet anywhere. “Brother,” he said softly, warmly “I did not think we would see each other again.” And he reached for his older sibling and bumped gentle affection against his neck, and in doing so left many words unsaid. There would be a time to shed his anger later, when Iset’s ears and easy temper weren’t so dangerously near.

@[Iset] @[Amet] @[Snowphish]

Messages In This Thread