• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Face to the sun
    Warrick reminds her of her father. He just seems steady and ageless, exuding a sense of calm even though Bristol’s own body and voice are brimming with excitement and the other girl, while certainly not seeming to feel threatened, isn’t nearly as complete unfazed as the stallion. It gives her a little bit of comfort, since she’s wandered away from the place she told her sire she’d be, to have found someone close to her age and a stallion who seems just as reliable as Brennen.

The little bay pegasus doesn’t really take note of the surprise her appearance incites in Tang; she simply assumes that there will be some surprise and concern and tension in anyone who has to come to the Field to find a new place to live. She admires the way Tang casually speaks of not wanting to grow roots, how she alludes to wandering, because that is the reason that Bristol wants to move to the Lake! It is nice knowing that Brennen and Nerine will always be there, but already she grows bored of the same old things day in and day out, and it’s not like there’s anything exciting to do, because all of the exciting things are jobs the adults already have; she doesn’t even have the claim to need to learn how to be a good prince or lord, not like Castile and Ivar with the powerful mothers.

“I’d steer clear of Pangea,” she says after a moment of contemplating Tang’s words, a little frown of concentration temporarily gracing her face. “Papa says it’s a place full of darkness and death. Which sounds rather less than appealing if you ask me.” Everyone may still be getting the lay of the land, but rumors spread in Beqanna; nobody can miss the scar of land that is Pollock and Carnage’s magical mistake. “Any of the other lands are probably nice. Um, there’s Nerine, that’s where I’m from we’ve got the ocean and lots of cliffs. And Warrick’s Tephra has a volcano, which sounds exciting. And, um,” she thinks hard for a moment, drawing the names Brennen has mentioned  from the depths of her young memory. Taiga and Sylva – I think they have lots of trees. Ischia is an island, so I guess it also has ocean but I don’t know about an island once the water gets cold, seems kinda like a bad idea to me.” she laughs, a bright sound, imaging horses skittering across a channel of ice that was once water.

“And then there’s the new lands that have just appeared. We don’t know much about them really because they’re only partially explored. That’s where I want to move to – one called the Lake. The people who found it are setting it up just for young horses, to learn and grow up and be whatever they want, and then they can move on to other Kingdoms or a new adventure.” She’s still hoping that maybe she can convince Tang to come with her – after all, it’s supposed to be temporary anyway, which sounds like a great start for a young mare who doesn’t want to ‘put down roots’. Suddenly aware that she’s been chattering away all by herself, the filly sends a sheepish glance first to Warrick, then to Tang, and falls finally completely silent.
    i know you're bleeding, but you'll be okay.
    hold on to your heart, you'll keep it safe.
    wing appearance: male blue jay
    Bristol

Messages In This Thread
    Face to the sun - by Tangerine - 04-18-2017, 12:06 PM
    RE: Face to the sun - by Warrick - 04-18-2017, 03:52 PM
    RE: Face to the sun - by Tangerine - 04-18-2017, 08:09 PM
    RE: Face to the sun - by Bristol - 04-18-2017, 11:48 PM
    RE: Face to the sun - by Warrick - 04-19-2017, 06:09 AM
    RE: Face to the sun - by Tangerine - 04-19-2017, 12:23 PM
    RE: Face to the sun - by Bristol - 04-19-2017, 10:46 PM
    RE: Face to the sun - by Warrick - 04-22-2017, 04:41 PM
    RE: Face to the sun - by Tangerine - 04-22-2017, 07:45 PM