• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

if looks could kill i'd be an uzi - ruan
    Small and quick, the grullo mare slips between the tree trunks. The bright fiery canopy of Sylva is punctuated here and there with a sharp conifer. The green against autumnal finery is eye-catching, and a physical marker that she is nearing the no man's land between the sylva and the taiga.

It is a place for no one, a thin stretch of land occupied by nothing more than deer. The trees around her become more and more varied, and when she is in a part of the forest where the deciduous trees perfectly equal the coniferous, she stops. She's there alone for a while, invisible to any other living (conscious) thing. With the bowery overhead it is impossible to tell how much time has passed.

Maybe it's minutes; perhaps it's hours.

Eventually she is not alone, because a spotted stallion comes along. Djinni looks up at Ruan with a soft smile.

"Fancy seeing you here," She says. It's too early for a hunt, she thinks, dusk has only begun to darken the sky. She has smelled the wolves of the taiga before, had smelled them on him at their first meeting. She has pegged him as a shifter, and doesn't notice the scent is softer today.
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster

Messages In This Thread
    if looks could kill i'd be an uzi - ruan - by Djinni - 04-10-2017, 10:18 PM