• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

who's going to walk you through the dark side of the morning - any
    Ivar’s downy foal colt is not yet dry, and his belly is still full from his pre-nap meal; he’s been alone for no more than an hour. It hasn’t occurred to him that he should have sought out his mother, but the worry in this stranger’s voice makes him uncertain. Does he need her? Well, he does, of course, but does he really need her now? Djinni has let him wander before, and while she usually keeps a close eye on him, she has also let him swim out to sea and visit the playground.

The pied colt decides that the golden stranger is just being protective, which immediately makes her trustworthy. He comes closer, leaving the bright sunlit meadow behind to cross into the shadows of the trees. Clsoer, he can see that the roan mare is younger than his own dam, but a quick glance around them reveals no child of her own for him to play with. He is not especially disappointed – he spends most of his time in the company of adults or himself – and he looks up at the older female with a carefree child’s smile.

“My mom’s over there,” he tells her, gesturing toward the opposite side of the Meadow, where Djinni is doing…whatever it is that Djinni does when she is alone.

“My name’s Ivar,” he tells her, adding that: “My mom is Djinni and my dad is Stillwater” because it seems like that information might be important. Neither seem the type to leave their progeny unprotected, and he hopes that this will reassure her of that. “What’s your name?”

Messages In This Thread
    RE: who's going to walk you through the dark side of the morning - any - by Ivar - 04-05-2017, 07:26 AM