• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm in the details with the devil [team purplehiney]
    now you're staring at a queen.
    She is in another world.
    She and Ramiel are together, and the twins: beautiful. Complete.
    An escape.
    For years she had feigned happiness - she loved Sabrael, of course, and Ischia and the family that had followed her there, but there was an emptiness inside of her left by Ramiel and her two oldest children. Those she trusted most after the end of the world - Phaedrus and Tiphon - quickly fell away as well, and instead of stepping up in their absence like she would have in the Dale, she shrunk.
    And then he found her, and he restored her.
    He wasn’t the same - she wasn’t, either - but just knowing he was alive and still loved her brought Ea back from the dead.

Allure sticks closely to Ea’s side. The red girl is bright and quiet, much like Ea was as a child, but not as serious. Her twin, Grimdark - the spitting image of Ea - comes and goes as he pleases, much like his father. Ea’s lax parenting style encourages his independence. There are only so many places he could cause trouble on the island, anyway.
    In the distance, an alarming amount of newcomers crossing over onto the island catches her eye.
    “Come,” she whispers to Allure.
    By the time she reaches them, Ashley has joined. Of course he had stayed.
    His voice is strong, firm. Unwelcoming. Ischia had always been a place for families - Ea’s, Tiphon’s, Ashley’s, Wallace’s. A place they chose to escape the chaos of the new Beqanna. She did not trust these newcomers to keep their peace.

“I am Ea,” she says, coldly and calm, tucking Allure by her side and taking her place next to Ashley. “Who are you?”

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'm in the details with the devil [team purplehiney] - by Ea - 03-24-2017, 01:47 PM