• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm so infinitesimal; any
    I'm so infinitesimal...
    What exactly is she doing here?

She’d come to Nerine for a change of pace, to try and finally grow up, to leave her family and start building a life of her own. And what has she done so far? Nothing worth noting, that’s for sure. Explored some caves, ogled the wildlife, spent a lot of time as a stoat … 

Certainly far less than her new homeland deserves. 

Her parents probably wouldn’t be very pleased to hear of how little she’s done. While Weir and Eira are not the most active kingdom members themselves, they at least interact, get to know their neighbours. It would probably make them a bit sad to hear that their eldest daughter spends her days holed up in the outskirts of Nerine, alone.

So, she’s trying to make a change. And today she’s finally kicked her butt into gear and marched back to the more central part of the kingdom, where she knows most of the residents spend their time. She can see no one yet, so she lingers at the water’s edge, trotting in and out of the rolling waves, and happily watching the creatures that hang in and about the shoreline. She giggles as a crab (Carcinus aestuarii!) skitters away from her stomping hooves, and gasps when she spots a dark head watching her from the water (Monachus monachus - her father would love to see that one!). Someone will be along soon, she has no doubt, but in the meantime she is perfectly happy to enjoy the natural world around her.

Messages In This Thread
    I'm so infinitesimal; any - by Lumi - 03-14-2017, 12:32 AM
    RE: I'm so infinitesimal; any - by Heartfire - 03-20-2017, 04:33 PM