• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  do you feel like a young god?
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    A part of him wants to know what has happened to the two young people to make them so skittish. He watches them press closer together, whispered words he must strain to hear passing between them. A fire in his belly demands that he take action against someone who would willingly frighten children, but Brennen doesn’t act on it. Can’t act on it, because there is no obvious danger he can throw himself at, no clear culprit that can be the recipient of his rage. And he has decades of experience suppressing feelings he doesn’t want to show, so the fire is pushed far away and down into his core, to be called upon at some future unknown date when he has an outlet.

Instead he gives a half-smile, a quirk of the mouth really, approval in his honey-brown eyes as the colt stands taller, leans that little bit bravely towards Brennen to address him. It is brave because Brennen had honestly expected them to glance at him and then scamper away into the trees, as skittish as they are. He is not sure where the girl is from, but if the filly who seems so afraid thinks her home is safe, the bay warrior supposes it probably is one of the safer places.

His little smile can’t quite last at the question the boy asks, and he considers it for a moment before answering in a very solemn voice, “No. Not all of the places are safe.” Brennen’s eyes are sad for a moment, wishing that he could say all places are safe for children, but he knows that the darker side of Beqanna is still here somewhere. The displeasure of the fae might have momentarily shone a bright spotlight on all of them, causing them to behave, but the evil and depraved will re-emerge. Might already have done so; he knows the rumors of how Carnage destroyed one of the lands they had been given, and he can only imagine what will slink in behind the great mage to inhabit such a place.
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

Messages In This Thread
    do you feel like a young god? - by Amet - 02-26-2017, 10:29 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? - by Illae - 02-27-2017, 07:01 AM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? - by Amet - 03-01-2017, 09:21 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? - by Brennen - 03-01-2017, 09:55 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? - by Illae - 03-03-2017, 03:41 AM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? - by Amet - 03-05-2017, 06:33 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? - by Brennen - 03-07-2017, 09:34 PM