• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  everyone I know goes away in the end,

The scent of her caught the wind, and he was without out a doubt, sure that it was just his mind playing tricks on him. Except that it wasn’t in his mind.

The old King races to where he knows the scent will take him—all the memories haunting him and keeping his old body live. There were none who now lived that would remember his time in the Dale, before or since that. None except for her.

The wars. When Craft had gone insane—when Coke had abandoned his post and given the throne to lesser men…. Covet’s dissent into madness. All that and more… Murphy, Katana, Dempsey. She would know them all. And yet, she never saw anything.

Not really anyway.

Ashley moves quickly, coming to a skidding halt when he sees the grove of trees ahead. The land that was all that remained of the old world.

The scent thickened here, and he slows, moving purposefully, dampening the sound of his step as he approaches the grand oak from the opposite side. He does not bother to introduce himself; he does not need to.

“Beautiful weather we’re having…and all that.”

ashley
    I walked the path, it led me to the end.

Messages In This Thread
    everyone I know goes away in the end, - by Ryatah - 02-26-2017, 09:36 PM
    RE: everyone I know goes away in the end, - by Ashley - 02-27-2017, 02:45 PM