• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

looking for heaven found the devil in me; brunhild

Her cool, distant, and self-contained personality had intrigued him when they had first met. There had been something enlightening about the way she moved and spoke for the first time all those years ago. Something within him found her to be a challenge, a test he was willing to fight and ace for. In the beginning it had been the selfishness to figure her out—his manipulative and convincing nature to find every piece of her out. Yet, truthfully, it was the dark secrets that she had kept hidden that drew him in even more.

It was her darkness that consumed him. Her very demons that mirrored his own demons all those years ago when they ruled the old world once upon a time. The red devil had found something in her he would have never thought he would find—a feeling that was unforgiving and relentless.

It was her.
    It was love.

No matter all the years and separation it had always been her. A devil even has his own weakness, despite the many he was willing to send down the narrow path and into the very flames of hell itself. Brunhild was his sin, and he would never stop sinning when it came to her. He would give it all to her, whatever she wanted—the entire world if she asked for it.

Rodrik gives her a smirk as she nips at him. “I could do without them,” he says. The red stallion didn’t need food or water to feel the carving and spaces that she consumed within him. Brunhild was the air he needed for his lungs to breath and the blood to pump his heart. She was the very light in the very dark tunnel of his all those years ago he had been without her.

A darkness that someday might consume him at any moment.
    He pushes those thoughts away, always back into the hidden parts of his mind.

He rubs his muzzle along her neck when he hears that she and the foal are doing well. “I wouldn’t want to hear it any other way,” he says warmly against her mane. The red stallion laughs when she mentions the size of the foal. “Don’t worry I won’t make you into a broodmare.” Rodrik wouldn’t want her to be anything else. He only wanted her to whatever extent she wanted to be. Truthfully, he was a simple man and only needed a few things in his life. Her love and maybe a few rug rats is all that he would ask of her.

When Brunhild ask of Pangea, he pulls back just a little from her. A glance is quickly taken to look out at the grey wasteland that lays out before him. It isn’t pretty as the places he had once called home, nor is it very colorful. “Truthfully, it was only place that I felt I could find a future in.” He didn’t want to build a land up just as he did before. He was only thinking for himself and how he would survive the new world.

“Pangea was craved and made by Carnage himself.” He imagines he will never see something like that ever again. “It was made to be a home for those that felt wronged for parts of their abilities taken away when the Mountain appeared. A home filled with wicked and self-interested individuals.” He rolls his shoulders. “I was only thinking of myself when I came here and what could find me again,” he says truthfully, “But I guess I’ve become attached to this place a bit. I feel loyal to be here almost,” he laughs, “Maybe it is just the habit of duty serving a land all these years ago.” The habit of building a kingdom all those years ago had not left him, but he still has not forgotten how to seek after his very own needs. Now it was for the needs of him and Brunhild and the family they would have together.
    character info: here | character reference: here | image © rostyslav zagornov

Bleh. It's gross :|

Messages In This Thread
    RE: looking for heaven found the devil in me; brunhild - by Rodrik - 03-17-2017, 11:00 PM