• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

new mercies in the morning [pollock]
    What if I can’t? she thought, her hooves becoming thundering drums to her ears. The sound echoed against the dry, brittle leaves as though she walked a rocky shore. A crisp snap met each one as she crushed it beneath her weight, but she wasn’t worried about someone hearing her- she actually wished they would. Can’t what? Find the path. She’d lost the trail somewhere along the way, the trees all looked the same in this new land, the empty trails snaked in all the same curves.

Perhaps she was unwise to explore the new Beqanna, sifting her way through the lands with the interest of a child. So far, so good- until now. There was bound to be a day when she snagged that inevitable string but she felt ill prepared, why today, why here? These trees looked familiar, that rock, those were the same small bushes that grew dainty white flowers. Weren’t they?

Heavily she sighed, while she was concerned she was not yet afraid, stopping her progression and taking in the lay of the land. “Think, what did I see last?” Her teeth chewed at the inside of her cheek, the soft flesh slipping past the smooth ivories, wet and slick. “There was a creek and, and,” a moment’s pause, her eyes closing. “A boulder that had streaks of green traced through it,” he gentle brown eyes flew upon, smiling to herself at her successful remembering. The problem was, while she remembered a landmark, she had no real way of knowing which way it was. 

I’ll just backtrack

It went okay, tracing her steps, listening carefully for the sound of water. Then she stumbled, fell to her knees into a shallow ravine and the tears clung thick to her lashes. Everything was hard and barren, orange clay and prickling weed grass. “Ow,” she sniffled, wobbling to find her legs. That hurt terribly. She was lost, plain and simple, and now she was hurt. Two red knees burned bright with blood, they smarted too as small granules of dirt clung to the wound. “Hello?” she called, now desperate for assistance, a guide.

“Can anyone hear me?”
    O H I O
    -like endless rain into a paper cup-

@[Pollock]

Messages In This Thread
    new mercies in the morning [pollock] - by Ohio - 02-24-2017, 05:43 PM