• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'll carry you, and we will live forever; ALL MANDATORY.

She counted them one and all. There were more hanging out in the corners of the forest. Come, they may. But she would start without them. Her eyes flicker to Ruan, and she makes her way down from the bluff to come to stand at his side. Her children, and others. Most she had not met, being pushed back into darkness and shadow. Her marriage in tatters, she looks for some sense of peace from her lover.

Getting none—at least for the moment—she addresses them all in a softer voice, the grey form of her birth, green tinged hair and mottled grey coat. She stands naked before them, humbled that they would join her at all.

“Friends. This is your home. You have chosen to make your peace and life beneath the trees, and for this, Ruan and I are ever grateful. We have brought you here… or you have come here to start a new life.” she pauses here, pushing herself wordlessly into Ruan’s side, testing his mettle. Does he still want her? Is he still capable of leading this pack? Her heart is beating quickly. Thudding. This is their home.

“We are a family. Your family. And we want you to choose the calling of your heart’s desire. Those seeking peace and diplomacy, venture forth into the other kingdoms. Talk with them, learn from them. We seek to know our security. Those who seek to defend this land—do so. Recruit those like yourselves who wish to see their home and life made greater here in the forest. It is your responsibility and right to see this land flourish. One day, we may have more formal systems by which we do things. But today, just revel in the respect and love we have for each other… and for the good of the forest.”

She gulps after her interlude, having looked at Ruan… seeing his heart. She hopes that this olive branch will be enough to set their marriage right again.

After such, she looks across their eyes. “If any of you should need me or want to talk to me, please feel free to start up a conversation. I am here for you all.

it’s always darkest before the dawn

Reagan

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'll carry you, and we will live forever; ALL MANDATORY. - by Reagan - 02-28-2017, 12:14 AM