• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm in the details with the devil
    Kirin
    that girl is a real crowd pleaser
    Summer, the golden sun, high overhead, brought a thin gleam of sweat to his pastel coat. Kirin stretched his lavender wings wide, an attempt to coax the gentle breeze in his direction, waiting for the weak streams of air to ruffle his feathers and cool him. What little air passed was hot and humid, eventually he just felt more miserable and sticky than he began with. They’d wasted no time leaving the Mountain and he found himself quite unacclimated to the burn of the sun, it was odd how that happened. To the trees he retreated, picking the shade of three large oaks and settling himself as best he could, nose lifting to sniff at the noticeably cooler drafts.

A honey bee buzzed by him, a humming blot of yellow and black and he snorted it away in one heavy sigh. Likely it had been attracted to his coloring, it spoke similarities to wisteria and who wouldn’t find him attractive? Easy mistake little bee, easy mistake.

As he waited to cool, he observed the wood, the world so very new and unfamiliar now. Even the trees did not seem to know him, though many boasted heights and trunks that would suggest otherwise. They should be ancient, they were ancient but then again they were not- he knew what old Beqanna smelled like and this was decidedly not it. Where exactly had the world gone in that great catastrophe, where did it all fit and had it been made anew or were they being tricked, fooled into believing that this old tale was a shining new penny?

Kirin was always one to resort to conspiracy whenever possible, he liked to raise suspicion and insight superstition. While standing and thinking and fanning himself with one lavender colored wingtip a mouse ran up, twitching its whiskered face much too close to Kirin’s left hoof. One solid kick and the creature tumbled end over end before it knocked the nearest trunk with a soft thunk. The stallion snorted at the unmoving mammal before lifting his snout to the sky, evidently irritated by the brief interruption.
    small world all her friends know me
    HTML by Call

Messages In This Thread
    I'm in the details with the devil - by Kirin - 02-14-2017, 06:56 PM
    RE: I'm in the details with the devil - by Nicia - 02-14-2017, 08:45 PM
    RE: I'm in the details with the devil - by Kirin - 02-17-2017, 11:19 AM