• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Show them the joy and the pain and the ending (Dovev)

show them the joy and the pain and the ending

That faint smile still curves her lips as he edges closer, his suggestive words whispering past equally dark lips. She can feel the nearness of him, the faint heat, the coppery scent of blood, the soft huffs of air from his easy breaths. Smile deepening, she lifts her head, shifting her stance as her muzzle turns to find his neck, turns to nibble teasingly at the strands of hair there until she finds his ear.

”Secrets,” she whispers softly, almost enticingly, against him before abruptly withdrawing from him. Her gaze is no less bold than before as it finds his, grin just a bit on the wicked side.

Oh, she could play with the best of them.

His next words startle a laugh from her, one equal parts amusement and disbelief. How fanciful he is. ”I had a dream once,” she responds easily, though her words contain just a hint of something else. A hint of something deeper, almost melancholy in its feel. ”But dreams are not made to last.”

Had he asked, she would have quickly disabused him of the notion that she has any purpose here other than curiosity. Though, in all honesty, it would only be a part truth. She does have a purpose here, but it is a game long in the making, one few could ever hope to see the end to. She cultivates acquaintances as one might cultivate flowers. Friend to no one but known to everyone.

He really is an amusing diversion though. Especially coated in secrets and blood as he is. She would find his secrets, she always does. Indeed, a brief peek is all she needs. He might even hardly notice the way her gaze goes distantly for a few long moments, as though she is no longer seeing. Perhaps because she isn’t seeing him. At least, not right in that particular moment.

The smile slips from her lips than as her gaze sharpens, blue eyes focusing once more. ”Hardly,” she says quietly in response to his probing question, a sudden edge to her words. ”Don’t tell me you don’t recognize me.”

heartfire

i filled up my senses with thoughts from the ghosts

picture c Petrova Julia.N

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Show them the joy and the pain and the ending (Dovev) - by Heartfire - 02-11-2017, 01:56 PM